Macbook Air - Won't turn on

oliveryuan

I have had this Macbook Air for about 1 month and it has been working fine. I was just using it today and turned it off. I tried using it later on and the computer won't turn on! It's fully charged and I have not dropped it or damaged it in any way.

Then I followed this link: https://iboysoft.com/mac-data-recovery/mac-wont-boot-what-to-do.html and done the following steps:

1. Perform power cycling

2. Repair startup drive in Recovery Mode

3. Boot your Mac into Safe Mode

4. Reset the PRAM / NVRAM

5. Reset SMC

I tried the solution above multiple times to no avail. Based on everything I had read, I was bound for repair.

Any suggestion? Please help! So frustrated this has happened and it's brand new.

Thanks!

Not sure how you were able to try the presented solutions if the computer won't even turn on?

I'd suggest trying each of these in turn: 

-Press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the left side of the keyboard and the Power button, and hold them all down. Release all four buttons at the same time, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac on

- pulling the battery, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in an try powering on

- pulling the battery an only try powering on using the AC adapter

- pulling the battery and letting the unit sit for 30 minutes or longer, place back and try

There are several other suggestions presented if you go a google search for "macbook air won't power on"

Edited by RichCor
added google search link

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, RichCor said:

Not sure how you were able to try the presented solutions if the computer won't even turn on?

I'd suggest trying each of these in turn: 

-Press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the left side of the keyboard and the Power button, and hold them all down. Release all four buttons at the same time, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac on

- pulling the battery, wait 10 seconds, then put it back in an try powering on

- pulling the battery an only try powering on using the AC adapter

- pulling the battery and letting the unit sit for 30 minutes or longer, place back and try

There are several other suggestions presented if you go a google search for "macbook air won't power on"

Thanks for your reply. I've tried your solution. But I still have no luck...