Fast & Furious 9 is bringing Han back – but needs to avoid Letty resurrection plot hole

snoop1130

Fast & Furious 9 is bringing Han back – but needs to avoid Letty resurrection plot hole

BY IAN SANDWELL

1489150798-fast-and-furious-6-letty-owen.jpg

UNIVERSAL

Fast & Furious fans are having to wait even longer to find out just how Han returns from the dead in Fast & Furious 9.

It's not the first time that the series has brought a character back from the grave as Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) made a similarly surprising return in Fast & Furious 6, after a post-credits tease in the fifth movie.

But Letty's resurrection highlights what Fast & Furious 9 needs to avoid as it created a plot hole that the series never bothered explaining.

Fast & Furious, the fourth movie of the series, acted as a soft reboot as it was set in the gap between the second and third movies.

Full Story: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32375874/fast-and-furious-9-han-return-letty-plot-hole/

• Sad 1

Umm, do we really need to account for plot holes in a movie series where leaping cars between skyscrapers and flying cars out of aeroplanes is the norm?  

Edited by Mick501
  • Haha 2

I find a movie car chase that is anything over about 3 minutes long intensely boring and predictable. When one comes on in a movie we are watching it's usually time to make the coffee and let it roll on by itself.  I can't begin to imagine how 9 separate movies, dealing with such a boring subject can interest anyone. Good job we are not all the same. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I find a movie car chase that is anything over about 3 minutes long intensely boring and predictable. When one comes on in a movie we are watching it's usually time to make the coffee and let it roll on by itself.  I can't begin to imagine how 9 separate movies, dealing with such a boring subject can interest anyone. Good job we are not all the same. 

The first, in Bullitt was exciting back when it was made. Now it's old hat.

Best car chase movie IMO was Vanishing Point. Ends with the hero driving into a bulldozer.

PS the original. The remake was a PC piece of <deleted>, and everyone involved in it should be put in a remote controlled bus and driven into a bulldozer.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

F & F has had its day. The last few were rubbish, IMO, if that's not insulting to rubbish.

The spin off Hobs and Shaw made me want to gouge my eyes out it was so bad.

Seems a lot of movie goers disagree with you as it took in over 3/4 of a billion dollars worldwide.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Best car chase movie IMO was Vanishing Point. Ends with the hero driving into a bulldozer.

PS the original. The remake was a PC piece of <deleted>, and everyone involved in it should be put in a remote controlled bus and driven into a bulldozer.

With you all the way with Steve McQueen, but for my money Blues Brothers took it to a whole new level which to this day hasn't been beat.

12 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

With you all the way with Steve McQueen, but for my money Blues Brothers took it to a whole new level which to this day hasn't been beat.

IMO this the best. 

Electric flame guitar and drums.

• Like 2

2 movies I remember for their incredible car chase

Dirty mary crazy Larry

And gone in 60 seconds, first edition

16 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Seems a lot of movie goers disagree with you as it took in over 3/4 of a billion dollars worldwide.

Most of tv is garbage but most people watch it anyway. Just because people watch a movie does not make it a good movie.

I've seen a good many garbage movies, some of them won Oscars.

Most of tv is garbage but most people watch it anyway. Just because people watch a movie does not make it a good movie.

I've seen a good many garbage movies, some of them won Oscars.

Not the ones I watch.  :cheesy::cheesy: