Baan Chok Chai 5 Bang Saray/Satahip area

yankyoakum

Today saw a house in Baan Chok Chai 5, just above Satahip,  the house appears to be about 8-10 years old, just wondering if anyone who lives there or around there knows anything about the place... good or bad opinions, thoughts etc. We are older 67-65 couple,  not party people anymore... wifes Thai. The security was absent daytime but told they there nighttime, seemed a quiet pretty well kept small neighborhood, not many vacant properties. I'm trying to find her a decent house that won't break the bank. We like the area, quite a good breeze, they do suffer power outages but unsure why.. Anyhow looking for some feedback... Many thanks y

I can answer the question about the electricity and the frequent outages are because electricity is provided by the Navy Welfare Fund who run the electric grid in Sattahip, parts of Na Jomtien, and of course Bang Sarey 

Don't know if they generate electricity or just purchase it wholesale and then re sell it retail.

Day long outages are frequent when other electric utilities are working on their lines but plenty of notice is given before the cut off.  But electrical outages are a way of life here in Thailand so you could have the electric problem no matter where you buy  

Thanks for the feedback, in USA after Hurricane Ike I installed a back up gen set that run off natural gas. Didn't use it that often but when electricity was out powered the whole house. Due to Natural gas never had any maintenance issues. US infrastructure degrading and the last 2 yers did got out a lot but only for hour or 2.. I want to get generator here 5KW to 7KW that would run on LPG but need to procure a house first.. Hopefully can get some more feedback, thanks for the explanation, have seen that redlight at 332 and 3 out quite a few times..Power outages we can deal with.. 

Thanks again..

y

I doubt if you will be able to find a LPG generator here in Thailand. 

These day long outages are only recent due to the planned expansion of the electrical grid along Sukumvit from the new intersection of the highway at the marina all the way into Sattahip proper,  but that being said,  another major project is in the works since they recently erected long range transmission wires running parallel to Sukumvit about 1/4 mile East of the highway.  As you can see,  they haven't installed the wires yet 

tower.png.dd26bd1273f860e4e479760511031994.png

Thanks for the info...in Ban Chang we have only had one outage in 3 months we been here..They make carb conversion kits to go from Gasoline to LPG, may take a little head scratching but depending on the carburetor on the gens prime mover there are many kits available to convert these.  Agreed have not seen gens powered by LPG for sale here, kind of surprised by that..