Renewal of Extension based on Premium Elite PE Visa at Immigration Office

I have a 5 year Premium Elite PE Visa that expires in 2024 and my present first 12 month extension expires 17 July this year. I had planned prior to the expiry of my present extension to travel abroad and get another 12 month extension upon return to Suvarnabhumi Airport however due to the Covid-19 Pandemic this is at the present time no longer possible.

I live in Udonthani and was wondering if anybody else has a 5 year PE Visa that they have extended this year at Udonthani Immigration Office or at other Immigration Offices in Thailand and what was the procedure.

I will next month contact Thai Elite (solely owned by the Thailand Tourist Authority TAT) the originator of my PE Visa (issued by Immigration at Suvarnabhumi Airport) to request details of what I need to do to get my 2nd 12 month extension at Udonthani Immigration Office.

Many thanks in advance for any experience reports for renewing PE Visa yearly extensions at Immigration Offices in Thailand.

bring 1900 baht, the gray Elite card, passport and all that, proof of residence (I usually use my drivers license)

really, only difference to a normal extension is you absolutely need the Elite card (I got turned away cause I didn't have it)

Hey 

i sincerely do not understand why you have not asked Elite .

To the previous reply, I might add that you need to present your TM30 as well as the 90 day report 

30 minutes ago, alyx said:

Hey 

i sincerely do not understand why you have not asked Elite .

To the previous reply, I might add that you need to present your TM30 as well as the 90 day report 

First thanks to all for all recommendations so far.

As already stated in my Post I do intend to contact Thai Elite.

Having lived here for 15 years my understanding is that Immigration Offices in Thailand tend to make up there own rules and because of this I am interested in other peoples experience in renewing Thai Elite PE Visa extensions. An example of this is that Udonthani Immigration Office only requires a TM30 if one permanently changes ones home address.

Edited by vibration

In previous years my local immigration office required a TM30 for my retirement extension, even though my address had not changed. However this year they rejected my completed TM30 (because my address hadn't changed!) and asked my wife, who is the landowner, to complete a standard form guaranteeing that I resided at her property. This form doesn't appear to have a TM code, nor any English language but in Thai it is หนังสือรับรองการพักอาศัย which translates as "residence certificate", a bit ironic given that they refused to help me with a residence certificate when I applied for my drivers license a couple of years back. Since the requirements seem to change from one province to another and one year to the next, perhaps you'd be best to drop in at the office and ask them exactly what their requirements are so you can go prepared - something I'll be sure to do myself at next year's extension!

1 hour ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Whats the use of an elite visa then if you still have to re new it each year and pay 1900 baht as well???????

You do not have to renew it every year. It allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the day it is issued.

The one year extension is only needed if you do not leave the country for a year.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

In others words there is not much gained by getting a elite visa.

What makes you think that?

It is a big advantage for those that cannot qualify for a one year extension of stay at immigration. Unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the day it is issued.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

Does the person who has a elite visa get there money back at the end of the 5 years or whatever the length of time?

No

You are paying for a 5 to 20 year membership when you first pay the one time fee. That allows you to get 1 to 4 five year visas issued plus any perks that go with the membership you got.

1 minute ago, Deerculler said:

I am on a O-A ext. and the elite visa maths don't add up.

I wrote about that in my first reply. Those 50 or over or married to a Thai would not see much advantage from it.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:03 PM, ubonjoe said:

You do not have to renew it every year. It allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the day it is issued.

The one year extension is only needed if you do not leave the country for a year.

For these five years,if i do not go abroad and do i they to renew every year?

2 hours ago, Mulambana said:

My friend at 58 got a 20-year Elite. He freqently travels in/out of Thailand. Now disrupted becuase of Covid-19. He says it gives him total freedom. No need to visit immigration for TM-30 or 90-day or other nonsense. No need to gather documents, fill up forms, visit banks, timing his travel vis-a-vis extension, etc. Infact, he has never visited the CW office.  Of course, he could afford it because he has close to 100 million and just threw one million for a hassle free stay in Thailand. It all depends on how much money one has and how much he could waste for a elite. I would not get an elite even though I could afford it because I don't have as much money as he has. 

1% of someone’s wealth is quite a number and, sincerely, 100,000,000 in baht is not impressive to many as it is the price of quite a few condominiums or mansions around here. 
This being said, TM30 has nothing to do with holding this tourist visa as one has to be registered within 24 hours of their arrival. Same for the 90 day report, which can be done online or other means. But in the case of your friends such would not be needed as you mention he travels a lot.

These are no perks: Anyone with this kind of visas, as well as another type visa would have to go through this.

i might add that,  nowadays, the visa your friend obtained, doesn’t get him into the country since only certain categories are allowed to enter and a tourist visa is not one of them. 
kindly note that your friend’s visa is not named “elite” as only 2000 + members have this ( lifetime) membership card.

Now, back to the purpose of your reply: I agree, plenty of advantages for those who have chosen to opt for this type of visa even when one is 50 and more ...eg peace of mind ( although nobody can predict this visa will last ...but at worst, it would be grandfathered ) but that is another topic 

On 5/11/2020 at 9:17 AM, vibration said:

First thanks to all for all recommendations so far.

As already stated in my Post I do intend to contact Thai Elite.

Having lived here for 15 years my understanding is that Immigration Offices in Thailand tend to make up there own rules and because of this I am interested in other peoples experience in renewing Thai Elite PE Visa extensions. An example of this is that Udonthani Immigration Office only requires a TM30 if one permanently changes ones home address.

Well noted but I don’t think I will stand corrected if I affirm that the office will tell you that you need to present TM30 and 90 day report as they follow the regulation provided to them by the immigration ( even if your local immigration centre seems to act differently ) 

I would have them issued even though I would be told they are not needed

And no, TM 30 is not required only when one moves out of their place. Every “new place” has to register you. Normally it is the owner’s duty but when it comes to the immigration officers, they do not seem to see it that way and will hold you responsible for not having this form, by fining you.
I own my place of residence and I have to register myself with the authorities whenever I check in my home. Of course, only once if you stay there and do not travel around, Otherwise I have to do the process again if I leave home and stay elsewhere for a day or more. 
The immigration, as far as Chaeng Wattana, is concerned, does not accept a document signed by the owner ( me in that case) stating that one (I) stays at their residence: They want the TM30.

But maybe this is only for Bangkok ????

9 hours ago, wilkis333 said:

The visa is not renewed since it is valid for 5 years.

If you stay for a year without leaving the country you go to immigration and apply for a one year extension. You can do it year after year if you never leave the country.

11 hours ago, wilkis333 said:

Yes

you have to go to the immigration in order to obtain a new stamp ( valid one year again )