Dr. Birx: “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust”

Crazy Alex

This is a troubling aspect of the consequences of the COVID-19 virus. Of course the CDC isn't trustworthy- they're a government agency filled with partisan hacks, personal and political agendas. That's to be expected. And that's why we should rely on government as little as possible. Standard stuff.

But now we're talking about the CDC inflating virus death numbers by as much as 25%. That's a big problem for people who care about the truth.

"There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," she told CDC Director Robert Redfield, two people familiar with the meeting told the newspaper.

"The Post reported that Birx and others feared that the CDC's data-tracking system was inflating coronavirus statistics like mortality rates and case numbers by up to 25%."

https://www.businessinsider.com/deborah-birx-cdc-comments-coronavirus-task-force-meeting-2020-5

8 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Actually Crazy Alex the CDC used to be one of the most trusted agencies in the Federal Government, staffed by experts in infectious diseases and their control.  Unfortunately what you describe is the Trump CDC who's politically appointed leadership is bowing to the president's messaging on the virus 

For the first time in known history the CDC is issuing "advisories" on Cornavirus control, not mandatory regulation like in every other previous epidemic 

1) First off, your claim of the CDC being "one of the most trusted agencies" is without any evidence as such.

2) Dr. Birx coming out and saying the doesn't trust the CDC doesn't necessarily change that. Not many people speak out against the CDC.

3) Obviously, Dr. Birx is in a far better position to discern the trustworthiness of the CDC- so her statements are disturbing.

4) Clearly, you have more faith in government agencies than I do. That is certainlyyour right.

5) For the first time in history, the US government has shut down the US economy. Bad idea. No wonder people are starting to question these government hack agencies.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Great! So you have 3 and 6 year-old stats. How about current stats? Also, does high trust actually mean a given government agency is trustworthy? For example, USPS. Loses billions each year. Most trusted agency ever!

Edited by Crazy Alex

1 hour ago, chessman said:

Without context the quote is fairly meaningless.

Yes, that's why I included a link to the article- for context.

1 hour ago, chessman said:

If there's an issue with the figures then you should be able to explain what that is and why you think that. 

I believe faith in government entities is misplaced.

Edited by Crazy Alex

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Yeah much better just to trust the whitehouse who have never lied or misled the public.

Odd... I don't recall ever saying that. And wouldn't it be better to question everyone instead of thinking one has to believe one government entity or another?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Odd... I don't recall ever saying that. And wouldn't it be better to question everyone instead of thinking one has to believe one government entity or another?

A classic case of severe perseveration...

• Like 1

perhaps the disagreement is not on past performance but on future predictions.  if the forecast is for downward trending fatality rates, that's considered 'winning.'  if the forecast, or actual numbers, is increasing, there will be awkward questions to answer.

"The flare-up came two days after it was reported that an internal government model, based on data from the CDC and other agencies, projected the daily death count would rise to 3,000 by June 1," the newspaper noted.

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/09/deborah-birx-reportedly-tells-task-force-she-can-trust-nothing-from-the-cdc_partner/

Is this the same Dr Birx that sat at the side of the President and kept zip when he proposed injecting people with disinfectant and internally irradiate them with UV light?

As a public health expert with the public health and welfare at heart' she should have stood up and corrected him. But no, her silence was deafening. Disgraceful woman who should never be employed in public service again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Is this the same Dr Birx that sat at the side of the President and kept zip when he proposed injecting people with disinfectant and internally irradiate them with UV light?

As a public health expert with the public health and welfare at heart' she should have stood up and corrected him. But no, her silence was deafening. Disgraceful woman who should never be employed in public service again.

It appears I have a choice: trust Dr. Birx on medical issues or trust an anonymous anti-Trump poster on TVF. Thanks, but I think I'll take the advice you leftists like to hand out and go with the medical expert. I'm also going to take an educated guess and say that Dr. Birx understood what Trump was suggesting better than you apparently do.