Which Products To Use For Maintenance Of The New Car

North

Hello all,

Please share your experiences about which products to use to maintain the finish of the car, like carshampoo, wax, polish and maintenance of leather seats.

I have been using a carshampoo named Simoniz, but would like to find a better one.

And there are so many products for leather care, but which one is good ?

North :o

This thread is very quiet! :D

Maybe you all have a private worker for maintenance of the car ( lucky you ) :D

Or you don´t have a car :o

Or you have a car and don´t care about maintenance ;)

Or you don´t like me and therefore do not care to answer :bah::D:bah:

Come on guys, please tell me your secrets (about maintenance of the car) :D

I am waiting patiently :D

North :o

I really feel sorry for you being left alone by everyone so I write a few words.

I guess most (or all) of us who have cars leave the maintanance to the dealers or a Thai we know for some time and therefore trust in, and we take the car to a washing station (from simple - where the taxis go / e.g. everywhere, to expensive - where the wealthy show off /e.g. Thong Lor).

But you can go to Central Chidlom and talk to the a bunch of nice guys in the car care section who will try to sell you the most expensive products in their shelves ...

Sorry, but that's all I can say.

Cheers

P.S.

You wash and polish your car by yourself. Did you also bring your farang wife to Thailand?

(Sorry for that assumption) :o

The reason I take care of the car myself is, that I so far did not find a washing station, that did a good job, and I kind of got tired of using my own car as a "test vehicle" I wish someone would borrow me a car, I´ll see too that it get washed :o

By the way washing the car is good for my health, if I sit at the computer all day my back is aching, if I walk outside and wash the car my back feels fine when finished.

About the wife joke, I don´t really understand, what you mean, but,... would you bring sand to Sahara ?? :D

North :D

That's what I meant, but English is not my native language, so I sometimes miss the correct expressions.

I take my car to a car wash in a small Soi near Sukhumvit 23 (3M Car Beauty Center - 64 Sukhumvit 23, Tel. 02-258-0507-9).

Their rates start at 120,- Baht for "Easy Washing" (a proper cleaning inside & outside) and go up thousands of Baht for Packages. I am very happy with their services.

If you are intending to do it yourself (for various reasons) then you will probably get many different opinions (even though obviously not here) on what's best.

So you better go Central Chidlom or even Carrefour and try to find out what suits you best.

I'm afraid the employees are not trustworthy, so get rid of them and study the products.

Or use the internet and look up tests for car care products.

I'm sure you'll find many of them in Thailand.

Good luck! :o