Thai People Are Not A Nice As I Thought

jgarty38

i tend to agree wiyh the general theme of the op.

the moo ban where i stay for a while every year treats certain poorer members of the village with distain, and they do appear darker in skin tone.

i can liken the attitude to school in the uk, the poor kids always seemed to get a rough ride.

maybe the idea behind this poor treatment of the underprivalaged is to make one feel better.

do not mosconstrue this as thai bashing, it happens all over the world sometimes more in one country than another.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My BF's mother ran off with another man when he was 12, leaving him with his father. His father died when he was 14, so he raised himself, taught himself music & became a musician. He married and got a house, car etc. When he divorced, his wife screwed him out of everything. He got a girl pregnant. She wanted money for an abortion, but he refused. He moved away, but came back to visit. When she had the baby boy, she neglected him, left him alone while she went out partying with new boyfriends & starved him. My BF took his son away from her "care" when he was 6 months old. I now care for his son, as he (BF) died a year ago. All of the above (apart from me) are Thais.

My father's mother ran off with another man when he was 10, leaving him with his father. He & his brother had to cook, clean & take care of the house from that time on, whilst my grandfather worked. At 15, my father joined the Navy.

When I was 16, my paternal grandmother (same woman) tried to get my grandfather (her ex) put into a home & declared mentally incompetent in order to get his house & savings for herself & her new husband. My parents opposed this & they all went to court over it. I have had no contact with that grandmother since that time. All of the above are British.

True stories. Good & bad everywhere...

nice examples- whenever i get down about thai life, i think about american life and it isn't any better! good and bad everywhere, just gotta balance them.