How much does it cost to add a child's name to the mother's land title?

Anybody have a real idea of the cost of adding a child's name to a mother's land title deed (chanot), not TRANSFER to a child, but just adding the name ?

The department of lands is of course Thai only and google is not really helpful.

So if you had any actual experience about transfer...

comments welcome

Could a farang, who owns a condo in his name,  add a second Thai

name ??   I was thinking in the event of my death,  this would easily pass the condo title over to her.  I don't know if this is allowed or possible.  I don't want to pay the full transfer fees of around 30,000-35,000 baht.  Thanks for any info.

During my divorce from my Thai wife was to put the house and property in the daughters name, that way there would never be an issue.  I was able to keep my yellow book, and when the daughter is old enough she can sell it all if she wants.  End of the day the ex got nothing.  Transfer fee was about 300 baht, no lawyer involved just the land office and since the property  had been a gift from grandma, grandma signed over the land the house and the rubber tree's were on.  The ex's father farms the land bit is also the Phu Yai, so it was a win win.  Not sure what your looking at transferring in total, but it cold not hurt to ask someone at the land office....

• Like 1

My advice is put the title in the daughter’s name and not just to add...

if you don’t, good bet child will never own the land outright as other relatives will swoop in b/f child can legally have own rights over it...

I believe if put in the child’s name up until age 20?, a legal guardian must be named...it is critical that individual is a person of high character...

On 5/18/2020 at 8:03 AM, cardinalblue said:

My advice is put the title in the daughter’s name and not just to add...

if you don’t, good bet child will never own the land outright as other relatives will swoop in b/f child can legally have own rights over it...

Exactly that happened to my wife (aged 14) when her Mum died.

Aunt (Mums sister) sold the land

Interesting thread and something I think my MIL/FIL and my wife should be considering.  My in-laws have two plots of land which are earmarked for my wife to inherit.  One plot is empty and the other plot is occupied by my FIL's sister and her family.

FIL's sister has been trying to relieve my in-laws of the plot of land they occupy for many years with low financial offers to hand it over, but my in-laws have always resisted.  They already get a good deal by living there rent-free, but that's obviously not enough.  To give you an idea of the size then both plots of land would each easily accommodate a spacious 4/5/6 bedroom house, a sizeable garden and carpark.  

So, while we're not talking lord of the manor estates, these two plots are located right on the inner ring of a major provincial town so a good investment to keep hold of.

I would also therefore be interested to know if my wife can be 'added' to the Chanote whilst the in-laws are still mobile enough to be able to get to a land office and can then have the comfort of forgetting about it until such time as my in-laws aren't around any longer and the deeds naturally pass to my wife without incident.  This would be peace of mind for my wife.

the dude with his joke of 30 baht, lol

why you even reply ?  for post count ?

went to the land department, it is 1 percent of the value of the land + house (if a house is on it)

it is nothing compared in our greedy home countries where they use this partly to pay for pensions & social security for everybody ...