Cyclone vacuum advice please.

malt25

Hi all  ????  I have attached a cyclone attachment to my workshop vacuum cleaner. Works great for only a few seconds. Problem is that the suction is so great it squeezes, sucks the collection bin. I have tried several different types of drums & garbage bins. All hoses are free of debris. I'm only trying to vacuum woodworking sawdust. Any Ideas ?

Thanks all in advance.....    Mal.

Yeah, an air-bleed on the suction side would reduce the problem (but also reduce the amount of suck at the business end).

Otherwise try some internal bracing in your collection bin to stop it collapsing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, an air-bleed on the suction side would reduce the problem (but also reduce the amount of suck at the business end).

Otherwise try some internal bracing in your collection bin to stop it collapsing.

Thought of that. Fitted 2 x turnbuckles attached to pieces of timber. Lasted about 1 minute. I'll try gluing the timber to the sides of the container. Great minds think alike.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:29 PM, malt25 said:

I have attached a cyclone attachment to my workshop vacuum cleaner. Works great for only a few seconds. Problem is that the suction is so great it squeezes, sucks the collection bin.

I had the same problem 14 years ago.

this is the answer.

36004589-2FB8-49A1-BFD9-D1CB16027946.jpeg.28babbe2ad1734abd3244fbf9e10d99c.jpegF4A1BD64-BFF6-4014-AEF4-368C8A51E27C.jpeg.ef153bbac9d08595ac28ed3599a5d118.jpeg

you need the strength of the ring.  If one isn’t enough then make a double decker.