Does even Extension of Stay getting the 31st July end line?

Hi, it's just because i got some confused info, but i need a confirmation.

Does even people on a 1 year extension based on business or family has the expiration time extended until 31st July, or this is only for people with any sort of VISA?

Hoping my question is clear enough????

You need to do your one year extension when it is due.

If not you might have to start all over again due to immigration not considering the "automatic extension" as an extension of your original visa entry.

• Thanks 2

I live on Koh Phangan my IO is on Koh Samui the next island last week I had 3 immigration officers turn up at my house and asked me for my passport they were all in uniform and had ID hanging from around their necks on the back of the jackets was printed in large I migration Suratthani I found them very polite . I pointed out to them that my extension of stay 90 day report was in 14 days and on 20 June my yearly extension of stay was for renewal they all confirmed that I did not have to do anything as I was good until 31 July I questioned this again and they were adamant that they were correct the IO who seemed to be in charge took a picture of me  Outside my property and maybe a picture of my passport but I’m not sure he gave me his phone number and he has mine and told

me if there were issues at Samui IO to call his number and he would speak with them .as I said I live on another island I don’t even know if any ferry boats are running as the regulations are very strict I know the food wagons and fuel tankers are still coming .it would be better if the Head of IO came out and made it clear regarding those on extension of stay ( retirement )

8 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

it would be better if the Head of IO came out and made it clear regarding those on extension of stay ( retirement )

I agree. Would be VERY simple to explain what are the guidelines for folk on annual extensions based on retirement, marriage etc. They did not. Hence many threads about this and confusion.

You being on island makes it difficult.

For myself I would never listen to an IO even with badges and impressive jacket.

100% I will be doing my extension during the amnesty if it was due.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I live on Koh Phangan my IO is on Koh Samui the next island last week I had 3 immigration officers turn up at my house and asked me for my passport they were all in uniform and had ID hanging from around their necks on the back of the jackets was printed in large I migration Suratthani I found them very polite . I pointed out to them that my extension of stay 90 day report was in 14 days and on 20 June my yearly extension of stay was for renewal they all confirmed that I did not have to do anything as I was good until 31 July I questioned this again and they were adamant that they were correct the IO who seemed to be in charge took a picture of me  Outside my property and maybe a picture of my passport but I’m not sure he gave me his phone number and he has mine and told

me if there were issues at Samui IO to call his number and he would speak with them .as I said I live on another island I don’t even know if any ferry boats are running as the regulations are very strict I know the food wagons and fuel tankers are still coming .it would be better if the Head of IO came out and made it clear regarding those on extension of stay ( retirement )

That's the problem, i had info from a person, who was 5 days ago at IO in CW, she told me the same, she spoke with an IO officer that confirmed that even people on 1 year permit of stay of an type, "can or have" to wait until 31st July before apply for the renewal...if their OYSP, expires before that date.????

7 minutes ago, Quickmill said:

That's the problem, i had info from a person, who was 5 days ago at IO in CW, she told me the same, she spoke with an IO officer that confirmed that even people on 1 year permit of stay of an type, "can or have" to wait until 31st July before apply for the renewal...if their OYSP, expires before that date.????

Think about it this way.....all the folk currently here waiting to either return home or do border bounce or exit to obtain visa would need to exit PRIOR to end of any amnesty (current one might be extended).

In same way people on annual extensions will need  to obtain new extension prior to end of amnesty. What's the point of delaying it. If it's due do it.

Luckily my "for reason of retirement" visa is not due for renewal till 3rd week of December, which takes the pressure off. As for the 90 day report, which I would normally have to do in two weeks from now, I'm thinking of taking the advice of those on this forum (and others) and just kiss it off.

5 minutes ago, Enzian said:

As for the 90 day report, which I would normally have to do in two weeks from now, I'm thinking of taking the advice of those on this forum (and others) and just kiss it off.

For me it is not just advise. I skipped mine that was due last month. By July 31st it will be 2 of them that will of been skipped.

1 hour ago, Quickmill said:

Definitely do not "have to wait," but they may allow late applications within the free-extension period.  But if it were me, I'd do an annual-extension on time, as that policy (where it exists) could change w/o notice.

45 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Luckily my "for reason of retirement" visa is not due for renewal till 3rd week of December, which takes the pressure off. As for the 90 day report, which I would normally have to do in two weeks from now, I'm thinking of taking the advice of those on this forum (and others) and just kiss it off.

Obviously, each to their own, we are all different and every office is different, my 90 day was coming up, my wife had to go to the police station anyway the immigration Office is next door, so I thought I would take a chance and keep my dates in line.

I printed off and completed the paperwork at home, copied the documents at a local place with minimal interaction, walked up to a desk that was outside the immigration office, a girl came out and accepted the paperwork, I sat down in an open tent with 4 others, well spread out, after a few mins I was on my way.

I guess I could have done it online but I’m just thinking about the rush when they finally open for business, you know how much forethought is going to be given to that one, right? 

2 hours ago, Quickmill said:

I have no idea what a “OYSP” is.

I have submitted my extension of stay application last month.

My local office is advising all on long stay extensions that they need to submit them as usual 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I extended my extension to stay for another year based on retirement at Jomtien last week. Many others were doing the same. I also got a multi re-entry and did my 90 day report at the same time.

Why take chances when for most people it is easier (quieter than normal) to do it now if it becomes due. 

I do get the OPs issues with inter island travel though.  

Edited by Geordie59
Added extra line