Sending money to the UK

Firstly, I'm sorry if this has been covered but I just can't find much info.  I've tried searching but all the info I get relates to transferring money to Thailand.  It's almost as if it's some kind of secret. lol

Currently I'm just trying to understand the basics.  My query is really a hypothetical question.  If I retire in Thailand, for example, and have funds in a Thai bank account (800,000 plus), how do I close the account and send the money back to the Uk?  I'd just like to know for my own peace of mind.  For some reason it seems very easier to send money to Thailand but it also appears to be a one way street!  Am I missing something?  

I just joined the thaivisa forum today so I'm brand new and, I did try and search but which ever way I worded my query the results would always pertain to money going into Thailand.  

Indeed it is a "one-way street" in the way of policies and restrictions at the corporate and bureaucratic level.

Services like DeeMoney however has streamlined the process and made it very easy and cheap to transfer  money OUT of Thailand.

You can sign-up here: deemoney.com/sign-up

The sign-up process will include being contacted back by our sales personnel who will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

For transfers to the UK we are seeing average transfer times of less than a few hours. Our fee stands at a firm 125 THB, whether you are transferring 1,000 THB or 700,000 THB.

Edited by DeeMoney

On 5/21/2020 at 6:30 AM, DeeMoney said:

The sign-up process will include being contacted back by our sales personnel who will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

It used to be compulsory to pay a visit to your Bangkok office to sign up.  Can you confirm it can all be done on-line now?