Obtaining WP-3

I was planning to move from Europe to Thailand with my family this summer, which is obviously becoming a difficult undertaking.  The plan was for me to get a work permit (through the Thai company of which I'm a shareholder), my daughter to get a student visa (she will attend an international school), and my wife to get a guardian visa (for accompanying our underage daughter).

Right now, work permit holders and people having been granted authority to work in Thailand may still enter the country (via one of the rare repatriation flights). I've asked at the local Thai consulate, and they confirmed to me that they would indeed issue me a Non-O visa to enter TH if I provided them all the necessary paperwork.  The tricky thing now is that apparently the Labor Department has not been issuing any WP-3 forms since late March, and my TH lawyer has no idea when they will start again.  Has someone else found himself in this situation, and has obtained more information as to when issuance of WP-3's might restart?

PS. I'm fully aware that as of now, my wife and daughter wouldn't be able to "accompany" me to Thailand on the Non-O, should the latter be issued.  But getting one of us over there would be start...

I not heard anything about them not issuing a WP3.

Of course it is logical that they would not issue one since passenger flights to the country are not allowed but I am sure there is no rule that states that they cannot issue them. Perhaps push your lawyer about confirming it is a actual rule and not some local policy.

FYI you would get a non-b visa not a non-o visa.

Have they told you that would have to gp into a facility for a 14 day quarantine at your own expense when your arrive.

Yes, of course Non-B for me, not Non-O.  Non-O would be for my wife's guardian visa.

The prospect of having to go into quarantine for 2 weeks isn't wonderful but if that's the only way then we'll do it.  I assume that as a family we could all share a room in the quarantine facility.

Regarding the WP-3 (which was the real topic of my query), my lawyer's office informed me that the officer at the Labor Dpt told them that they don't issue WP-3's right now.  My lawyer keeps inquiring there every few weeks on my behalf, and the answer is always the same.  My company & lawyer are in Samui, so I assume this is the Suratthani branch of the Labor Dpt.  I don't know if we are bound to apply at this branch (probably yes), but if you know for a fact that other branches are issuing WP-3's that would be very useful info I could pass to my lawyer.