Border Crossing At Tachelek

ThaiPauly

I heard a rumour it was closing or had closed...I need to take my Son there this week to extend his visa...can anyone clarify this for me?

I dot want to make a wasted journey having just got back from the UK today

Many thanks

TP

I heard a rumour it was closing or had closed...I need to take my Son there this week to extend his visa...can anyone clarify this for me?

Many thanks

TP

Gulp! :o , I have to go in a week, I hope you are wrong, it was open 3 months ago, It's been closed for a few days at the beginning of the coupe though.

Edited by KhunMarco

Many thanks

TP

Gulp! :o , I have to go in a week, I hope you are wrong, it was open 3 months ago, It's been closed for a few days at the beginning of the coupe though.

Marco....its only a rumour...( from my Missus-she saw something on the Television about it)...so make out of that that you will 55555.

If I dont get anything concrete from the forum I will go on Thursday and report back

Many thanks

TP

Gulp! :D , I have to go in a week, I hope you are wrong, it was open 3 months ago, It's been closed for a few days at the beginning of the coupe though.

Marco....its only a rumour...( from my Missus-she saw something on the Television about it)...so make out of that that you will 55555.

If I dont get anything concrete from the forum I will go on Thursday and report back

Ok, thanks ThaiPauly :o

Many thanks

TP

Gulp! :D , I have to go in a week, I hope you are wrong, it was open 3 months ago, It's been closed for a few days at the beginning of the coupe though.

Ok, thanks ThaiPauly :o

TP, try the chiang rai forum, since Mae Sai is in chiang rai...

Many thanks

TP

Friend of mine came back yesterday (Tuesday) from a visa run - no problem, business as usual.

CB

This rumor may have started a week or so ago when the Gov. of MHS Prov closed his border crossing because of a kidnapping, or a border fire fight in that area..... don't know if they are closed still or not... haven't read.... but at that time they did say that CR Prov was not closing Mae Sai crossing.....

I don't think it is closed unless something new happeed

This rumor may have started a week or so ago when the Gov. of MHS Prov closed his border crossing because of a kidnapping, or a border fire fight in that area..... don't know if they are closed still or not... haven't read.... but at that time they did say that CR Prov was not closing Mae Sai crossing.....

slightly off topic, but it must even better paying for the burmese visa in US dollars now since its slide.

Visa cost on signage -$10 US or 500 baht

$10 US should equate to 324 baht so a saving of 176 baht, compared when paying in baht.

has anyone tried paying for the visa in a high denomination say $50 and asking for change in Baht, thus getting back 2000 baht (in their conversion), which is roughly $62 :o

slightly off topic, but it must even better paying for the burmese visa in US dollars now since its slide.

Visa cost on signage -$10 US or 500 baht

$10 US should equate to 324 baht so a saving of 176 baht, compared when paying in baht.

has anyone tried paying for the visa in a high denomination say $50 and asking for change in Baht, thus getting back 2000 baht (in their conversion), which is roughly $62 :o

Would be a good deal but you can be sure there are not plain stupid.....On the other hand they are in love to get some dollars(and maybe to keep)