Online teaching opportunities - University level

Looking to teach online (graduate or undergraduate level) anywhere as long as long the medium of teaching is English.  Social Sciences and Humanities, ideally.  I have all the qualifications and lots of experience in different countries.  Can someone recommend some useful websites listing remote teaching vacancies.  Many of the ones I found want you to be based in the country where the Uni is based.  Seems to go against the principle of remote teaching.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions 

You have to send a letter to the head of the English department.  Introduce yourself and send the CV.  Just assume they need a teacher there's no need to ask.

The only qualification you need is a white face.  They accept all nutters, homeless, druggies and miscreants.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, johnray said:

You have to send a letter to the head of the English department.  Introduce yourself and send the CV.  Just assume they need a teacher there's no need to ask.

The only qualification you need is a white face.  They accept all nutters, homeless, druggies and miscreants.

Thaks but I am looking to teach Social Sciences and Humanities not English.

I am a tutor and spoken English teacher whose work was looking dried up and scarce after the lockdown began. I have been looking at possibilities on online tutoring and around 30% of my earlier students have agreed to shift and try out online teaching models. I have also begun writing interesting mathematical content for edtech companies with visual aid etc (i use examples like this one on multivariable functions) to supplement my earning. It is a lot of hustle but somehow working out right now. 

On 6/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, LolaS said:

you cant teach them online in thailand, 

I am looking for online teaching opps in other countries, not Thailand.  As i stated in my initial email, many unis around the world have vacancies for remote lecturers but they tend to want people to be based in the same location as the uni.  

On 6/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, Brian K said:

I am looking for online teaching opps in other countries, not Thailand.  As i stated in my initial email, many unis around the world have vacancies for remote lecturers but they tend to want people to be based in the same location as the uni.  

yes you need to be based there, since there is requirement to go to seminars and you need to do papirology on site, a lot of bureaucracy at unis

The farangs I've met who had online gigs, programming, web development, managing e-commerce, and tutoring kids, all got them through connections.

Might I suggest making use of the networking you've done, through your professional experience, and colleagues and teachers at your alma mater, if they might know of something like what you're looking for? As been said, unis typically want someone local to do their online teaching, not only because they're easily accessible, but also because they already know the people. Your alma mater, or perhaps those of your connections, might be your best bet.

I'm afraid other than this, with all the people looking for work right now given the situation, especially online work, the alternative is the "CV black hole".