Can You Shoot Great Video And Edit?

Tornado

I am looking for a semi professional/professional documentary maker / video person that can also edit etc.

It would be an ongoing paid position. The salary would be about 100,000 baht per month (to be discussed).

Own equipment is not a must but would be desirable. I am looking for "video persons" in Krabi, Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

PM me please with your contact number if you are serious. The person would need to start in the first week of May.

Thanks.

I had a professional large format BETA tape NTSC video re-edited & burned to DVDs w/ color covers at Panthip 5th floor.

they converted to the NTSC to PAL

from the 'open court' you can see their sign .. red on white painted window, their shop backs up to the open court.

.. with the second floor food court on your left .. .. up on the 5th floor .. . look up & you cannot miss their red on white sign in english.

these guys made premiere walk & talk .. & they have a photoshop print layout expert in house also.

they get in about noon.. do not go early, they are not there before noon .. I wandered around panthip a couple mornings killing time.

real nice group.

each day we would have a brief meeting to review what they did with DVD chapters & such the day before.

if i was not pleased we would work together to fix any issues.

I showed up when it was done with a large suite case, packed my new extra large JJ market suitcase full & off i went to the bts.

bet they know professional camera men.

it is not a sex DVD, US Customs required viewing it, I declared it as a commercial product. The customs agent complimented the quality of product, commented on the chapter layout .. & complimented the entire package.

clearing my suit case full of DVDs took about an hour

I had a professional large format BETA tape NTSC video re-edited & burned to DVDs w/ color covers at Panthip 5th floor.

they converted to the NTSC to PAL

from the 'open court' you can see their sign .. red on white painted window, their shop backs up to the open court.

.. with the second floor food court on your left .. .. up on the 5th floor .. . look up & you cannot miss their red on white sign in english.

these guys made premiere walk & talk .. & they have a photoshop print layout expert in house also.

they get in about noon.. do not go early, they are not there before noon .. I wandered around panthip a couple mornings killing time.

real nice group.

each day we would have a brief meeting to review what they did with DVD chapters & such the day before.

if i was not pleased we would work together to fix any issues.

I showed up when it was done with a large suite case, packed my new extra large JJ market suitcase full & off i went to the bts.

bet they know professional camera men.

it is not a sex DVD, US Customs required viewing it, I declared it as a commercial product. The customs agent complimented the quality of product, commented on the chapter layout .. & complimented the entire package.

clearing my suit case full of DVDs took about an hour

Hi Pumper,

thanks for that info!

do you have any cost break downs on what you had done? If it is personal info, I understand,, but if you can give me that info, that would be great.

I appreciate your input.

a preliminary edit was completed when the video was published on VCD.

large format beta tape ntsc > pal > DVD w/ chapters & photoshop cover design was about 6kThb

the panthip shop also does 'handy cam' to DVD for home movies.

i used a professional company in Bkk for the original shoot in '01.

6 guy crew with 2 beta cameras, lights, director, van w/ 2 days shoot (Bkk & Pattya) & 1 day edit was 80kT

the professional production paid off .. professional lighting indoors & out w/ the director setting up camera angles..

my script & site selection & talent .. I had a semi finished script when I landed at Don Muang & edited the script on my laptop as the production plan evolved.

none of the 6 man crew spoke english .. + none of the office staff spoke english .. often it was comical ..

the editing was fast & furious, 4 beta tapes > 1 beta tape w/ voice over in 1 day!

Impressive professional hardware editing, the large 2 beta tape console w/ hardrives was controlled by Premiere!

english voice over was in We Wat's on site sound studio.

Big Jeff owner of Tokyo Joes Sukhumvit Soi 24, lead guitar / vocals for Soi Dogs Blues Band, did the voice over .. he knew the producer We Wat from before..

last time I saw Jeff, july/august, he said he had not talked to We Wat in some time ..

Soi Dogs plays Tokyo Joes on Fridays + the Blues Jam on Sundays.. stop in to talk to Jeff

bet the guys at panthip know camera men / production companies too.

it took me 3 weeks of meetings & site evaluations & talent searching to set up the 2 day shoot.

some of the Bkk talent agencies were offering Thai soap opera stars for talent .. I declined the star rates.

I am looking for a semi professional/professional documentary maker / video person that can also edit etc.

It would be an ongoing paid position. The salary would be about 100,000 baht per month (to be discussed).

Own equipment is not a must but would be desirable. I am looking for "video persons" in Krabi, Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

PM me please with your contact number if you are serious. The person would need to start in the first week of May.

Thanks.

You've got mail

Thanks for all of the PM's, I think I have contacted all who applied, if I havent please send a pm to remind me as Ive called so many people and sent so many pm's, I might of lost track.

We are meeting in Bangkok on Friday the 27th, so if you are qualified re post, please pm me as well.

I will call all with time and place for meet, thanks again to all of you.

Regards

Tornado.

Thanks for all of the PM's, I think I have contacted all who applied, if I havent please send a pm to remind me as Ive called so many people and sent so many pm's, I might of lost track.

We are meeting in Bangkok on Friday the 27th, so if you are qualified re post, please pm me as well.

I will call all with time and place for meet, thanks again to all of you.

Regards

Tornado.

If there is anyone else who has not made contact, I will be in Bangkok from tomorrow till Sunday, so if you can "shoot great video", I would still be interested to meet with you. We are meeting at 5pm Friday 27th (tomorrow), but I am also open for Saturday. Pm me for the location.

If you cannot edit, I would still be interested in meeting with you.

cheers

• 1 month later...

If there is anyone else who has not made contact, I will be in Bangkok from tomorrow till Sunday, so if you can "shoot great video", I would still be interested to meet with you.

Just found your post...a bit late i suppose, but anyways...as the topic says...are you still looking for people? I'm currently living in Bangkok, have masters degree in digital media and years of experience in that field...have done music videos, documentaries, short films and so on. Let me know if you're still interested.

Juha