Travel boom raises Covid-19 concerns in Chonburi

webfact

56 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No, my reply simply went over yours, lol.

So lets see if you can pass this test then. What was poster Whalboneman implying in the post #6. If you pass I will withdraw my comment. Lol

26 minutes ago, jimn said:

So lets see if you can pass this test then. What was poster Whalboneman implying in the post #6. If you pass I will withdraw my comment. Lol

First you'd need to know the username of the poster to whom I replied. Then you'd need to pass the test of understanding how my post refuted his silly implication. Finally you'd to understand the illogic and irrelevance of both your posts for domestic tourism. Lol.

Not sure where this boom is coming from, but definitely is not occurring in Pattaya at the moment.

I walked around the centre on Saturday afternoon and still very quiet

Yes, the massage salons seem to be open again, but they don' have any customers, and the main "wet" massage places are still closed.

A few people in Central Festival but nowhere near the usual Saturday afternoon amount 

It will probably be like this until they relax more restrictions

Even domestic tourism wont come back until you open the bars and take away the curfew - who wants to stay overnight if you cannot go out and have to be back in your hotel room by 11?

17 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Please note:-

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389199

Note what?  Oh yeah duly noted, it was a Surge in Visitors due to the many tourist attractions, well then I completely understand now, not a Travel Boom.  Thank you, I feel so much better now as I was very worried for awhile until you pointed out my glowing error.  We wouldn't want a Boom in Covid cases, but then a Surge in Covid would not be warranted either.  Just look at the malls, which I believe have had more people than the beaches had this past weekend, so then Maybe the Mall sales are Booming!!!!. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Note what?  Oh yeah duly noted, it was a Surge in Visitors due to the many tourist attractions, well then I completely understand now, not a Travel Boom, I feel so much better I was very worried for awhile until you pointed out my glowing error. 

I think he was simply pointing out it did not come from TAT as you claimed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Note what?  Oh yeah duly noted, it was a Surge in Visitors due to the many tourist attractions, well then I completely understand now, not a Travel Boom, I feel so much better I was very worried for awhile until you pointed out my glowing error. 

Sorry, no offence meant but you did ask "who writes this stuff, TAT"

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think he was simply pointing out it did not come from TAT as you claimed.

Never claimed it came from TAT, sarcasm needs to be read in the right way.......

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Sorry, no offence meant but you did ask "who writes this stuff, TAT"

I will reflect on my inner sarcastic words before lacing a post with sarcasm dripping from it so that all is write in the world for folks.....

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"?

I have trouble reconciling the encouraging of Chinese tourists with Thailand's 'no smoking in public' stance.

As a non smoker I am happy with that, but pretty much every Chinese guest that we have had is a smoker.

Somewhat relevant: I was looking at coastal resorts in Japan and the ones I opened all allowed smoking. One site read: "We do not have no-smoking rooms. Please do not ask." I love Japan. Too bad it's so expensive.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Travel  boom, really? Come on now, it was people finally moving around because they finally could, but a travel boom......laughable.. who writes this stuff, TAT?

WHO WRITES THIS STUFF.....well IT IS SOMCHAI.....a well known comedy script writer from whipmawopmagate.....!!!! which is in lancashire.....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BigStar said:

First you'd need to know the username of the poster to whom I replied. Then you'd need to pass the test of understanding how my post refuted his silly implication. Finally you'd to understand the illogic and irrelevance of both your posts for domestic tourism. Lol.

I give up, you win, I cant be bothered. That's why you are such a BigStar.

Did anyone notice during this down time how clean the streets of Jomtien were, how clean the air was from no construction going on and just this weekend trash back out on the beach? 

So for the government that say foreigners are nasty, why don’t they come to Pattaya beaches and see exactly how the Thai’s are! They placed trash cans out and took them back out after the weekend because of the amount of trash. They need to wash down the entire sidewalk in Jomtien.

I guess they can’t smell and see the fish sauce in the concrete, not to mention the dog sh it every where to included on the sand. Have fun on the beach, it hasn’t been disinfected as they claim it would be. 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:52 AM, crobe said:

Not sure where this boom is coming from, but definitely is not occurring in Pattaya at the moment.

I walked around the centre on Saturday afternoon and still very quiet

Yes, the massage salons seem to be open again, but they don' have any customers, and the main "wet" massage places are still closed.

A few people in Central Festival but nowhere near the usual Saturday afternoon amount 

It will probably be like this until they relax more restrictions

Even domestic tourism wont come back until you open the bars and take away the curfew - who wants to stay overnight if you cannot go out and have to be back in your hotel room by 11?

It will be like this until boarders are open, worldwide, planes are flying at pre virus frequency and pricing, people get back to work and save for their next trip here, forced quarantines and personal quarantines are removed, and travel insurance companies offer Covid insurance or do not exclude it. 

Only after all of these things happen, will Pattaya start to get some tourists coming back in meaningful numbers.  It could take 12 to 18 months.