Victor Floor Fan Problem

kebabby

Hello,

I have a Victor Floor Fan and the button that slides the fan height went inside. I opened it up to fix and found another piece inside, a coiled metal strip which I presume works with the button, but for the life of me I can't figure out where it goes.

The button has a small spring on it. If I remove this coil, the sliding tube just falls to the bottom, so I can't set the height apart fro the lowest setting.

Any ideas, I've searched everywhere and Victor don't respond.

Thanks

IMG_20200608_190025.jpg

This is  a Thai product. They just use an western name. Good luck with it. I had a stuck button but was able to put it back and now it works great. I think Victor is a lot quieter and stronger for its size than the well know brand names. You do get a 1-year warranty so you can bring it to a service center or the pakce you bought it and they'll fix it for you I bet. Right now, they probably have a lot of idle workers seeing how business is down a bit.

Thanks. We have 3 Victor fans, all have same button problem, 2 have broken down due to fan blades that just snapped in operation resulting in damaged motors. One fixed as was just the capacitor, the other couldn't be fixed economically as problem with motor.

We also have a Mitsubishi and a Mira. Both are more powerful than the Victors and are same fan size. Personally I wouldn't touch Victor again, they don't respond to questions, website is always down and genuine parts are hard to come by. The shops that sell them here don't carry parts. They are throwaway items unfortunately.