Two Days Never Been To Thailand

meme

So here is the situation,

17 people coming from Canada for my wedding. We are going to have about 2 days in Bkk on their way in before we head South and then one day one the way out. Most have never been to thailand. The ages are 25-65. We will be staying on or around Khaosan.

So I need some ideas of things to do... I am really not a tourist..I can reccomend the things I have done but just thought I could get some more oppinions. Also what about a nice dinner experience around KS?

So far one person has asked to do a day cooking course and someone else wants to do yoga in a temple or somewhere cool :o

:D

Dinner cruise on the river, cooking school at the Blue Elephant and a visit to Jim Thompsons house. Not sure about yoga in a temple, sounds a bit new age alternative to me, Suan Lum is another possibility.

Don't forget how hot it is/will be. Stifling at the moment in BKK. Good luck, maybe you ought to give all this organising over to a professional tour guide?

Nana does have a market if that's what Brit was talking about. :o

Dinner cruise on the river, cooking school at the Blue Elephant and a visit to Jim Thompsons house. Not sure about yoga in a temple, sounds a bit new age alternative to me, Suan Lum is another possibility.

Don't forget how hot it is/will be. Stifling at the moment in BKK. Good luck, maybe you ought to give all this organising over to a professional tour guide?

Nana does have a market if that's what Brit was talking about. :o

Thanks Brit and Leisurely,

What is Nana plaza, is it like Suan Lum?

The older folks in the group have already expressed interest in Jim Thompson's house so that is a for sure. Do you know where I can get info on the dinner cruise?

Thanks again.

Only winding about Nana - though good for a look on the wild side of thailand, gogo(s) and beer bars.

Anyways two days - usual tourist bits, Grand Palace, Reclining Buddah, Emerald Buddah, klong boat trip, floating market. Perhaps a dinner cruise as suggested in the evening? Prob can see/do most everything in BKK in a couple days if you pack your schedules tight.

For dinner cruise info go to River City to buy your tickets....just walk around to the river side of the plaza and you'll see the booths.

Best bet is to walk in to any travel agent and have them arrange it for you. Painless...and they can arrange a van for transport if you need it.

I've done the cruise several times...very nice, and not too pricey.

For dinner cruise info go to River City to buy your tickets....just walk around to the river side of the plaza and you'll see the booths.

Best bet is to walk in to any travel agent and have them arrange it for you. Painless...and they can arrange a van for transport if you need it.

great thanks guys!

Got it Brit :o maybe I will take the rowdy folk to nana.

I think I might just hand it over to the pros as there is just to many of us and both the bf and myself are total fish outta water in the big kok!

great thanks guys!

Got it Brit :D maybe I will take the rowdy folk to nana.

I think I might just hand it over to the pros as there is just to many of us and both the bf and myself are total fish outta water in the big kok!

If you take them to Nana when they arrive there may be a few missing from the wedding. :D

If you take them before they leave the realm there might be a few missing the plane. :o

great thanks guys!

Got it Brit :D maybe I will take the rowdy folk to nana.

If you take them to Nana when they arrive there may be a few missing from the wedding. :D

If you take them before they leave the realm there might be a few missing the plane. :o

floating market is good for old folk,shopping is always a good thing,after that take them to a foot massage for some pampering :D