UK Spouse visa, Further Leave to Remain, I screwed up

Think I've screwed up here.

My wife is on the first part of the spousal vias. She got leave to enter on 22 nov 2017, and entered the UK on 11 Dec 2017 and got her BRP about a week later.

Now FLR (the paperwork calls it an extension now, names changed) should have been applied for on 22 may 2020, but her BRP give the BRP expiry date as 22 aug 2020.

I had the dates for the application to be done pencilled in for late feb, then covid hit. Not a good excuse, but that is pretty much what screwed me up.

As you can see, it is now 3 weeks after the expected application date. Or is the date on the BRP card the date to work by?

I think I've royally screwed up here. What are my options? Any way to retrieve this? Is it possible to start over from scratch, and if so is it going to be more difficult a second time round?

Edited by ilgitano
typos

56 minutes ago, durhamboy said:

The initial visa is usually for 2 years 9 months which would make the BRP expiry date correct. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

That is seriously good to hear. Can anyone confirm this? I'm still concerned because a lot of references say the FLR needs to be done at 2½ years, but maybe that's just allowing 3 months for processing?

I've nearly completed the forms, just need to collate address proofs and pay. I was planning to do that this weekend.

Edit: confirmed it myself. https://bic-immigration.com/immigration-news/uk-spouse-visa-extension/

"The initial spouse visa application once collected will be valid for a period of 2 years and 9 months. You will become eligible to lodge your UK spouse visa application once you have been residing in the UK holding that visa for 2.5 years."

So I'm actually right on cue.

Edited by ilgitano