Alanis Morissette: ‘I would put guardians around 19-year-old Alanis who weren’t exploiting and using her’

snoop1130

Alanis Morissette: ‘I would put guardians around 19-year-old Alanis who weren’t exploiting and using her’

By Chloe Hubbard

alanis-morissette.jpg

Alanis Morissette: 'The common denominator through the whole record is really just me unwittingly giving myself permission to be human' ( Shelby Duncan )

I remember when I first got my hands on Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette.

It was 1996, and I had it on cassette.

Whenever I wanted to listen to the album, I had to open the thing, remove it from its over-loved housing and heavily thumbed inlay card, and jam it into the stereo: creak, clunk, play.

When I think of this memory I’m in a car – my best friend Karly’s clapped-out Nissan Micra to be precise. 

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/alanis-morissette-interview-jagged-little-pill-anniversary-new-album-a9557041.html

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Has she lost a huge amount of weight?

or is the OP using an old photo from when she was 19?

Don't let Captain Ahab see her dressed like this!

alanis.jpg

Give her a break, she's pregnant man. I look like that and we laugh about the baby elephant I'm carrying.

Her first album had a unique sound.

That she's been repeating over and over, unable to create anything new that's better.

IOW, she's coasted on her success most of her life.

See Taylor Swift as an example of someone who has created new and better music later in her career.