cost of stainless steel gates

nong38

Hello all, hope you can help me out with a starting cost of stainless steel gates.

The little lady things we need to replace our old gate and would like a stainless steel one, I know its going to depend on the size and how intricate is but can anyone tell me where to look for prices and/or give me an idea what the starting price might be? Any recommendations for a supplier in the Nakhon Sawan area would be helpful.

Thanks for any advice and help forthcoming.

It was a while back but I think Fred is on the money, 25-35k for the gate, obviously depending upon size and fancies (do you want teak infill?).

Add about the same for auto.

If you want swing rather than slider the the auto is "rather more expensive" if you get my drift (we have swing gates with DEA actuators on Madam's insistance) :whistling:

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Our gate was a bit more than the price above as it’s quite a bit longer, the motor was around 20k fitted.CD2299B5-392C-4245-81F1-26A417DAB0AC.thumb.jpeg.65bc1873cfb4cd4dcf3b57eda2743dfd.jpeg

If you don't mind me asking, is the additional rail just for extra support, never seen that before?

Unless your gate is particulary long?

As others have said i've had 3 electric gates all about 25-30K, good should about having the motor raised above ground level for rain.

Its going to be a sliding gate with no motor everyone who I know who has a motor has had trouble so I think a manual sliding gate 4m wide and maybe 2-2.5m high but thats my early thoughts before the director of operations brings up the subject. I have informed her we cannot having a meaningful discussion until we have completely left the EU!

Thanks for the input now I know what the figures are likely to be.

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

is the additional rail just for extra support, never seen that before?

Yes. I have read at least two news stories about people killed by unsupported gates falling on them.

Some gates are supported when open and when closed but not usually in-between.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

If you don't mind me asking, is the additional rail just for extra support, never seen that before?

Unless your gate is particulary long?

As others have said i've had 3 electric gates all about 25-30K, good should about having the motor raised above ground level for rain.

The gate is 6.7 metres with the extra  bit on the end so it needs the support. As you can see the motor is on a small plinth.

85240CDD-71DC-4A7A-9A73-CBAFC7E6B6E7.jpeg.cefd027924fe5b04097c5f175bbecf54.jpeg

the only trouble in 2 years was this

94A1687F-C348-470A-8A1E-AFC486F155DA.jpeg.44043574dfa1151a0fbf6eaccfd6d298.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The gate is 6.7 metres with the extra  bit on the end so it needs the support. As you can see the motor is on a small plinth.

85240CDD-71DC-4A7A-9A73-CBAFC7E6B6E7.jpeg.cefd027924fe5b04097c5f175bbecf54.jpeg

the only trouble in 2 years was this

94A1687F-C348-470A-8A1E-AFC486F155DA.jpeg.44043574dfa1151a0fbf6eaccfd6d298.jpeg

Ok, thanks

All my gates have only been about 4-5 meters so it makes sense for the additional support if 6.7m.

That is quite a stainless steel gate posted by SometimeWodworker.  Chris B rightly posted about additional important details. I added a WASP Security electric fence toppings mounted to the stainless steel gate in Buriram. I also have a "people gate", but it is never used. It did not take long to add the extra vertical posts to the bottom third of the gate as initially the openings were too far apart. There are real differences in the grade and thickness of stainless steel fences and gates in Thailand. Often a shop will initially quote on the light weight stainless which might not be suitable in the long term. The gate in the photo was 43,000 baht installed in 2008. 

Buriram Stainless Steel front Gate Home for sale.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:54 AM, nong38 said:

Its going to be a sliding gate with no motor everyone who I know who has a motor has had trouble so I think a manual sliding gate 4m wide and maybe 2-2.5m high but thats my early thoughts before the director of operations brings up the subject. I have informed her we cannot having a meaningful discussion until we have completely left the EU!

Thanks for the input now I know what the figures are likely to be.

They probably  have trouble due to the low standards  here. Ive  done  all my own work  including trunking for  cables (NYY)  and made a stainless  cover togo over the plastic  cover of the motor  also as the sun wreaks  havoc  with plastic  here. PM  sent 

• Like 1