Adverts On Local Tv. Aren't They Awful?

Luckydog

Picture quality, Editing, Copy, Sound quality in fact vitually everything about them is mind blowingly amateurish and unlikely to achieve what they are made to do ie. attract punters!

Have you ever been persuaded to try out one of those restaurants or services?

If so, did they live up to the claims in the advert?

'Best Steaks in Town"....."Fine Food"......"Not only a place to eat, it's a way of life" "VIP visa Runs"......Best Night out in Pattaya" ......etc etc etc.

I know the ads are made in the cheap. But do they HAVE to be so bad???

Which one is worse, my god what a choice...

Its not so much the quality, its the frequency as well,

slim pattaya, moon river pub, differ, all with that annoying voice over

who the hel_l is he anyway? he exclaims everything he says :D

same point here :o

that same bloddy voice. Also the slim Pattaya " If you like this , or a little bit of this ......."

Or that awful rock music riff in the differ ad.

with the revenue made from the advertising why don't they tey to improve it a bit ??

TIT !

The moon river pub in Pattaya!

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

The Moon River Pub in Pattaya!

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

with average Filipino bands churning out the standard middle of the road cr@p

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

heyheyhey.... :o

:D

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

heyheyhey.... :D

:D

I never said they were ALL obnoxious :o OK Just to balance the scales...

add this one

- pissed up british tourists!!

I'm glad someone mentioned this! I never said anything cos I thought the voice over bloke might be a thaivisa member!

OMG what an annoying voice

"for all your visa needs" :o

I am

I'm glad someone mentioned this! I never said anything cos I thought the voice over bloke might be a thaivisa member!

He is.... :D

(not me by the way)

Is it you?? Your great, can I have your autograph??

Mark

First thing came to my mind is "Easy Visa" but it is already their success that I remember their name.....although I hopefully will never need their services...

Moon River Pub is killing me as well, however Differ I find almost quite cool.

"for all your visa needs" :o

I am

He is.... :D

(not me by the way)

Is it you?? Your great, can I have your autograph??

Mark

I have a special going at the moment on signed photo's.....only 5,000 Baht each excluding postage and packing and 7% Vat and other applicable government taxes.

Top International Bands!

Be your own Bar tender!

OR

Over-inflated prices!

Obnoxious Germans!

Pretentious Atmosphere!

Hi-So Bangkokians!

with average Filipino bands churning out the standard middle of the road cr@p

:o

Another vote for Tony, in particular the old advert for the floating restaurant/Tony type nightclub (?) in Pattaya Bay. With the still image of a cruise liner shown on screen while the voiceover proclaims "...biggest investment ever....", clearly a case of misleading advertizing. This was before the new pier was built I wondered where the "ship" would dock before someone pointed out Tony's "ship". (a former car ferry?)

Another advert that puzzles me is the one for the 79 Baht buffet restaurant, the food looks like masses of rice padded dough balls etc. but the advert does nothing for communicating where the place is. The map flashed up for a second or two at the end has no land marks on it, totally useless advertizing if directed at people that do not know where the place is.

The fact that Crazy Dave's adverts are so memorable means they are very effective in my book, no matter how annoying they may be to some members.

The thing I find most annoying is the repititiousness of the ads and features. It's nice watching movies without commercial interruptions, but the breaks between movies seems to drag on forever.

It seems that every break features the same commercials over and over again. Same for the Wine & Dine and Business Matters features.

Split them up a bit. Rotate the features so that we don't get bored with viewing the same ones repeatedly for a week (or more) on end. Use some different voices for the commercials. Make a couple different versions of the commercials and rotate those.

(I know, these things take time and cost money, but the upside is you may gain a wider viewing audience, or at least the current audience would be less likely to simply "tune-out" the current fare.)

Then theres Slim Pattaya win a car competition with the draw in March ... still showing in April :o

The worse case was when they continued to show ads for the Route 999 disco, for a couple of weeks after it had burnt down (was it 9 people that died in that one ?).

Not as bad were the ads for various Christmas and New Years events around Pattaya that continued on long after the dates in question were fading into a hazy memory.

Howard always makes me smile when I see him. Seems like a nice inglish bloke.

The guy on 'Bighorn Steakhouse' makes me laugh. Like someone's pointing a gun at him off camera,

'Er, this is the best steakhouse in Pattaya.'

Tony probably has had guns pointed at people in the past. Should be in the Godfather,

'Hey, Tony!'

'Welcome to my world, or else!'

and finally, where is Soi Beeokeow? Thought it was Bua Khao!

Howard always makes me smile when I see him. Seems like a nice inglish bloke.

The guy on 'Bighorn Steakhouse' makes me laugh. Like someone's pointing a gun at him off camera,

'Er, this is the best steakhouse in Pattaya.'

Tony probably has had guns pointed at people in the past. Should be in the Godfather,

'Hey, Tony!'

'Welcome to my world, or else!'

and finally, where is Soi Beeokeow? Thought it was Bua Khao!

May be a nice bloke, but why, oh why, can't he pronounce the word "a" properly? Every time he says it he pronounces it "ay". Its "a" - rhymes with "the" (and that's not pronounced "thee")!

G