Gold Line will be ‘ready in October as scheduled’

webfact

Gold Line will be ‘ready in October as scheduled’

By THE NATION

800_3bbb52542f85eba.jpg?v=1592480263

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s subsidiary Krungthep Thanakom said on Thursday (June 18) that the Gold Line monorail will be ready to operate in October as scheduled.

After taking delivery of one of the trains for the line, KT director Manit Techapichok said the monorail is 89 per cent completed and should be ready for commuters by October.

“Once the Covid-19 crisis is resolved, the work will be completed,” he added.

The monorail covers three stations – Krung Thonburi, Charoen Nakhon and Khlong San – and the fare charged will be Bt15 throughout. It is believed that more than 40,000 commuters will use the rail daily.

Manit said the monorail was a feeder linked to the BTS, buses in Khlong San area and boats running down the Chao Phraya. The monorail will also be linked to the train Red and Purple Lines, he added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389871

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-19

it is indeed not a monorail as we expected, and the schedule was October, but as I recall, 2 years ago. It was meant to be finished before the opening of Icon Siam. I have the impression that the golden line only serves one purpose and this is bringing customers to the shopping mall. The other 2 stations have in my opinion little purpose. I wonder how these "small" busses will reduce traffic on Charoennakorn road....

13 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

The other 2 stations have in my opinion little purpose

I used to live in that area...suprising amount of people both tourists and locals who work, live and stay in the area. Khlong San Market, Din Daeng Market and quite a few upscale hotels existed way before Icon Siam. It will be a useful addition to the network. Gives you an eassy option instead of jumping on a Moto Taxi or Tuk Tuk after you get off the BTS at Krung ThonBuri.

• Like 1

the 15 baht line replaces the one free coach put on by IconSiam that ran every 30 minutes.  The biggest improvement will be the removal of the construction work for it that has caused very bad traffic jams for over two years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, luk AJ said:

it is indeed not a monorail as we expected, and the schedule was October, but as I recall, 2 years ago. It was meant to be finished before the opening of Icon Siam. I have the impression that the golden line only serves one purpose and this is bringing customers to the shopping mall. The other 2 stations have in my opinion little purpose. I wonder how these "small" busses will reduce traffic on Charoennakorn road....

I went to Icon Siam couple of weeks ago for the first time. Very impressive inside. But the outside and surrounding area - OMG!

• Confused 1