After 31. July

I think there's a small chance but I haven't really heard any news regarding this topic even being discussed by the government. Plus anything can happen within the next 5 to 6 weeks. I already booked a flight back to the US a few days before the end of July , if there is another amnesty extension, guess I can always change my flight for a later date.

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, drbeach said:

They really need to announce it sooner, BUT I am sure it won't be announced this month. If they have any common sense, they'll announce it early next month, allowing enough time to make appropriate arrangements.

Exactly. Some announcement in first week of July is almost essential. Sadly probably won't happen. No indication of land borders opening and folk in very stressful situation. If I didn't have annual extensions I would be soooo stressed out. 

Would certainly be making a plan B if need fly back home country.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Without wanting to add fuel to the fire, they were living here on the wrong visa. :ermm:
If living here, you should try to use at least a yearly extension... when possible... IMHO

I agree. BUT all easy in hindsight. I'm not married so have extensions based on retirement. Thing is since I go to Vietnam every month, I was jealous of the multi entry visit Thai wife. Most not visit. They live in Thailand with wife.

Who could have seen Mr Covid coming.

In past have had slap at those guys. Now in bad situation. Certainly not smug about their situation. Hence been active in threads re 60 day extension to visit Thai wife. Not solution but buys some time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, saakura said:

Given the difficult circumstances for many people here on various kinds of visas, i think that the government would be sympathatic and considerate enough to extend all the visa requirements till 1st Jan 2021 for those already inside Thailand, and waive the 400/800k or whatever amount was required for the yearly extension for one single time.

This is clearly what will happen.

Not difficult to understand for anybody bot totally insane ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, LukKrueng said:

Why? The are many flights out of here to many destinations. Many countries that didn't allow transit (such as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore) now allow transits so there are many options for most people to return home. The idea of the amnesty was due to the fact that many people didn't have any option to get back home, so at the moment there is no need for amnesty

Singapore still isn't allowing unilateral transits. I think only one way inbound to Australia. Not if you want to use Singapore to head onto the USA or Europe, for instance. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:20 PM, LukKrueng said:

Why? The are many flights out of here to many destinations. Many countries that didn't allow transit (such as Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore) now allow transits so there are many options for most people to return home. The idea of the amnesty was due to the fact that many people didn't have any option to get back home, so at the moment there is no need for amnesty

Ok Sherlock, thanks for enlightening us. 

Ah...what about those who live here and need to get a non-b or a non-o, for example? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drbeach said:

Singapore still isn't allowing unilateral transits. I think only one way inbound to Australia. Not if you want to use Singapore to head onto the USA or Europe, for instance. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

Actually I know of few people that flew from new Zealand to Europe via Singapore last week

Singapore transit info:

Singapore Airlines and Changi Airport introducing 'one-way transit' system for Australia, NZ travellers

11 June 2020

Singapore Airlines has announced a new 'one-way transit' system which allows passengers travelling out of the two nations to transit through Changi Airport onto any flight operated by the Singapore Airlines group, which includes SilkAir and Scoot.

The one-way transit channel will allow those who wish to return home from Australia or New Zealand to do so in a COVID-19-safe manner.

The transit system will only operate for north-bound travellers, so people in Aotearoa and Australia can use the Singapore Airlines network to return to their home country.

It won't be available for south-bound Kiwis overseas wanting to get home.

Customers must review all of the transit and travel requirements before booking, including whether they can legally depart Australia or New Zealand and whether they will be allowed entry at their country of arrival. 

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Singapore transit info:

Singapore Airlines and Changi Airport introducing 'one-way transit' system for Australia, NZ travellers

11 June 2020

Singapore Airlines has announced a new 'one-way transit' system which allows passengers travelling out of the two nations to transit through Changi Airport onto any flight operated by the Singapore Airlines group, which includes SilkAir and Scoot.

The one-way transit channel will allow those who wish to return home from Australia or New Zealand to do so in a COVID-19-safe manner.

Doesn't help any Aussies or NZ people who would need to fly out from BKK (once the amnesty expires) via Singapore to Aus/NZ. The one-way transit system is flying out of those 2 countries, plus Oz has a no-exit policy for Aussies so they can't fly out anyway.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1