Michael Keaton, 68, in talks to play the Caped Crusader once more after 30 years

snoop1130

Michael Keaton, 68, in talks to play the Caped Crusader once more after 30 years

By DAN HECHING

29926090-8448517-Astonishingly_Michael_Keaton_is_in_talks_once_again_to_portray_t-a-41_1592856739705.jpg

Astonishingly: Michael Keaton is in talks once again to portray the Dark Knight in a new big-budget iteration of the legendary DC Comics character; seen here in 1989

Batman fan favorite Michael Keaton is in talks to reprise his role as the Caped Crusader.

The 68-year-old is being considered for a new big-budget iteration of the legendary DC Comics character, for 2022's standalone Flash film starring Ezra Miller. 

If it comes to pass, a full three decades will have elapsed since Keaton will have portrayed Bruce Wayne, last starring as the millionaire-turned-superhero in 1992's brilliant Batman Returns.

According to The Wrap, the Birdman actor is still in very early talks to join the new film, the plot for which revolves around an alternate multiverse which sees multiple different versions of comic book heroes and villains.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8448517/Michael-Keaton-68-considered-play-Batman-30-years-DCs-movie-Flash.html

It doesn't say he's going to be a "Jason Bourne" type batman. He could be a minor character (or even just a cameo appearance) as the "old, retired Batman" who merely offers sage advice to a younger hero.

It does say "alternate multiverse" which is catchphrase for "we don't have to follow any of the "rules" when it comes to the stories we put out". 

And Keaton wasn't too bad in Spiderman: Homecoming which came out just 3 years ago.

One who I think should retire though is Patrick Stewart. After seeing him in Star Trek: Picard, it almost seems like the "aged and mentally diminished" character he played in Logan was more "natural" than "acted".
Because he seems to be showing similar signs of being "aged and diminished in the latest Star Trek series as well. I don't think he'd (deliberately) play a different character in a similar way in 2 different scenarios.

Keaton is 68.
De Niro is 76.
Redford is 83.
Michael Douglas is 75.
Sean Connery is 89.
Patrick Stewart is 79.

Also keep in mind how much CGI and "green screen" is used these days. Between that, costumes, make-up and stunt doubles, they could have Keaton outperforming Vin Diesel and The Rock when it comes to "action" (though I'm sure the critics would roast them for it).

23 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

How about you retire from commenting on Thai-Visa? Seems like you are truly desperate to keep trolling here! 

Acting is one of the professions where you can keep working until either your body and/or mind can’t do it anymore or the offers run out. Keaton is a great actor, so why should he retire? I’m also pretty confident that he doesn’t really need the money at this point in his life. Having said that, Batman, really?! A bit too old for that, if you ask me! 

Was going to say the same thing. Must be terrible when the only life you have is sitting on Thai visa slagging everyone off. Why it wouldnt occur to him that maybe the guys doing it because he loves what he does. Miserable nasty <deleted>

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

Was going to say the same thing. Must be terrible when the only life you have is sitting on Thai visa slagging everyone off. Why it wouldnt occur to him that maybe the guys doing it because he loves what he does. Miserable nasty <deleted>

Yeah, the only upside to this is that everyone already knows that he’s a troll.
Cheers, mate! ????

52 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, the only upside to this is that everyone already knows that he’s a troll.
Cheers, mate! ????

From memory he has a couple of supporters jump in after a few posts, when they see the coast is clear of course and think they can have a sneak go from behind and put the boots in. Gutless miserable genetic slop. A waste of a load that should have been wiped on the sheets. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

From memory he has a couple of supporters jump in after a few posts, when they see the coast is clear of course and think they can have a sneak go from behind and put the boots in. Gutless miserable genetic slop. A waste of a load that should have been wiped on the sheets. 

He’s not the only one here who has supporters! They love to gang up on people! As long as he keeps posting BS,  I’ll put my 5 cents in. He seems to have learned his lesson last time, though, since he’s not responding!