Pubs, restaurants and hotels to reopen as England eases social distancing

snoop1130

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Cummings managed to syphon of £12m of taxpayers' money to his friends to develop an app that didn't work. Well done Dom, say them. 

Do you have any links with proof of this? I don't think the development cost of the app has been announced. 

Which friends did he syphon the money to? Or did you fall for more left wing propaganda on Twitter? 

Dominic Cummings’ sister is not director of company that runs the NHS track and trace app

https://fullfact.org/online/not-dominic-cummings-sister/

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I sincerely hope not. Scotland is currently averaging around 3.5 Covid deaths per day against England's 130. 

And yet Scotland has followed virtually the same path as England with regard to Covid 19 measures. This just shows there are many other factors, including London being one of the world's biggest global business hubs. 

Unless it's because Scots drink Irn Bru? ????

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Yes, that's right - we are all spread out equidistant across the country so observation of the 2m rule is perfectly manageable by every single Scot. 

Is everyone in England spread out equidistantly? No, they aren't. Look at London for example, one of the most densely populated Western cities in the world. Then compare it to Cornwall.

Your comparison between the number of deaths in the 2 countries was a pathetic attempt at national pride. It was in very poor taste as well, but I guess when you've got Football and Rugby teams like Scotland has you have to try and beat the English at something ????

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Is everyone in England spread out equidistantly? No, they aren't. Look at London for example, one of the most densely populated Western cities in the world. Then compare it to Cornwall.

Your comparison between the number of deaths in the 2 countries was a pathetic attempt at national pride. It was in very poor taste as well, but I guess when you've got Football and Rugby teams like Scotland has you have to try and beat the English at something ????

It was nothing of the sort. That you struggle to understand the point made by Johnpetersen is clear, but your inability to grasp it does not make your statement any less laughable.

And then the icing on the cake - you try to portray my highlighting Johnson's complete failure to effectively manage this crisis as 'a pathetic attempt at national pride'. That plus your nonsense dig about 'anti English sentiment' and you finish up with a cheap, snide nationalist attack. Oh my aching sides...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Absolutey nothing about national pride - how could anyone take pride in such a horrific death toll as that which the UK has had to endure? One of the worst death tolls in the world is nothing whatsoever to trivialise. Tens of thousands of people are dead because of this morally bankrupt, incompetent and utterly useless man in No. 10, and to suggest that I, or anyone else, find it a cause for pride is nauseating. 

If you say something you should own it. Not slowly back away from your comment as soon as someone points out how distasteful it is.

Grow a pair and admit you were gloating about the low numbers in Scotland compared to England in the same way that Thais are gloating about the high numbers in the West compared to Thailand. At least they admit what they are doing. Your hardcore nationalism and obvious dislike of the English is blatantly conflicting with your faux liberal virtue signalling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Clearly Scotland hasn't or there would be a far greater degree of correlation between the numbers of people who have died. Unless, of course, you genuinely believe in the healing power of soft drinks.

You may recall, all along, our Britnat press has been complaining that Sturgeon was announcing measures in advance of Johnson - how can that be following? I think the reality is that she has repeatedly forced the hand of our incompetent PM.

I don't really care who followed who. All I know is that England and Scotland followed much the same guidelines and implemented the same measures. 

Unless you can tell me what measures implemented by Sturgeon are the reason for the vastly different death tolls?

I think you know the difference in deaths must be due to other factors. But it's a lot easier to blame the man who is taking us out of the EU and who won't give you indy ref 2. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, Cryingdick said:

So Britain finally realizes it is time to wake up. Surprised there are no posts saying the cases of co vid are going to spike. Can somebody please come in this thread and predict everybody is going to die? 

Well give us a chance - you're first off the blocks!

13 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Regretfully, without significant testing, tracking and tracing in place, whatever relaxation occurs in the UK will lead to continual increased infections, and second wave occurrences, because the amateurish Tory government led by a PM puppet are just  not up to the job. It's pathetic to watch so-called ministers inadequately commenting on any UK Covid news programmes without lying to their back teeth, about how wonderful the government is at containment.

End of... 

.................doubt it.

6 hours ago, nauseus said:

.................doubt it.

You've woken up at last to the incompetence of British politics - this time a Tory government headed by the totally useless lying PM and his gang of sycophant ministers. Expect the herd immunity approach as a renewed solution to Covid to be put in place by easing all lockdowns in England. Second wave - no problem, just enjoy your freedom from government restraint.

God help us all when they also screw up brexit and sink the UK economy.  Keep drinking coffee and see the reality sinking in...  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stephenterry said:

You've woken up at last to the incompetence of British politics - this time a Tory government headed by the totally useless lying PM and his gang of sycophant ministers. Expect the herd immunity approach as a renewed solution to Covid to be put in place by easing all lockdowns in England. Second wave - no problem, just enjoy your freedom from government restraint.

God help us all when they also screw up brexit and sink the UK economy.  Keep drinking coffee and see the reality sinking in...  

Please don't try to assume anything.