Concerned about old legal problems with re-entry

Hi,

I'll make it very brief.  Back in the 2000s I used to come to Thailand a lot.  I will be honest, I got into trouble a bit.  I had some trouble on some drunken evenings out.  Is there any way for me to know if I can be arrested at the immigration checkpoint for stupid drunken ruffian stuff I did when I was 20 years old?

Thanks,

Lobster

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bellboy said:

If their are any outstanding charges . then yes you could get stopped and arrested at immigration !

I really have no idea about my legal status.  I have no way of finding out either.  I found out the hard way about getting too drunk in an unfamiliar environment, I guess.  Maybe I should just go to Da Nang and forget about it.  

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, lobsterman1954 said:

I really have no idea about my legal status.  I have no way of finding out either.  I found out the hard way about getting too drunk in an unfamiliar environment, I guess.  Maybe I should just go to Da Nang and forget about it.  

In many countries fines and even prison sentences can expire. 20 years ago is a long time...  You could ask a Thai lawyer.

But maybe going to Da Nang is easier ????

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, lobsterman1954 said:

It' never a good idea to return to the scene of the crime.   I'd stay away unless you get confirmation that you won't face any repercussions for returning.

5 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Don't worry the airports are still closed. 

The airports are not closed.

The only restriction is for international flights with passengers that would disembark here. No problem to fly out of the country.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lobsterman1954 said:

I'll make it very brief.  Back in the 2000s I used to come to Thailand a lot.  I will be honest, I got into trouble a bit.  I had some trouble on some drunken evenings out.  Is there any way for me to know if I can be arrested at the immigration checkpoint for stupid drunken ruffian stuff I did when I was 20 years old?

What sprinkled the idea of coming to Thailand after almost twenty years?

11 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Isn't there people going to Spain or Greece after a long time away? What's so strange about coming to Thailand after ~20 years? 

11 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you weren't charged for anything or never went to trial, why would there be a problem coming back? 

I am all over CCTV in the incident.  I went back and saw all of the cameras.  A policeman came to my hotel in the morning and asked to see our passports and flight information.  He asked if I was where I was last night, and I said yes.  He said I was not charged with anything but do not leave the hotel.  He gave us our passports back.  We left Thailand by bus.  I won't divulge further.

I think I should just stay with VN.  Are there any good VN forums?  

Edited by ubonjoe
removed reply to a removed post

8 hours ago, lobsterman1954 said:

I am all over CCTV in the incident.  I went back and saw all of the cameras.  A policeman came to my hotel in the morning and asked to see our passports and flight information.  He asked if I was where I was last night, and I said yes.  He said I was not charged with anything but do not leave the hotel.  He gave us our passports back.  We left Thailand by bus.  I won't divulge further.

You have nothing to worry about. You were never charged with anything.

Enjoy your trip to here after they start allowing people to enter the country.

On 6/24/2020 at 2:24 AM, Mulambana said:

Now middle aged and no longer a handsome man in his own country, many men develop an interest in temples and filthy beaches. 

• Haha 1