The (Thai) Farang Pub has now become The (INTERNATIONAL) Farang Pub

I have noticed that, ever increasingly, our Farang Pub is becoming more and more subjected to scrutiny from some intolerant bounders from overseas, possibly ignorant readers from outside of Thailand.

What I mean is that the cliquish humor, which we once enjoyed expressing without fear of criticism from foreigners, is now being subjected to Political Correctness value judgments from people living in puritanical places where we would not deign to live.

As some of you know, ten years ago, we could express our own type of humor without fear of castigation for it.

But now, due to the broadening of the internet, we must hold our tongues. lest we be criticized for posting jokes which go over the heads of people from parochial hick towns outside Thailand, and also outside the TV clique.

In some ways, this change is good, just because this change signifies the fact that our words are reaching the outside world.

Yet, from a different perspective, this opening up is not such a good thing, simply because most of us prefer that the outside world would stay outside of Thailand.

Here in Thailand, most people reading or posting on the Farang Pub know a great deal about life in Thailand. Or, at least, this has been the case for as long as TV has been in existence.

But now, it seems that, due to the internet's continuing development, whatever we say here may be read almost anywhere on Earth, within a mere few seconds.

Sometimes, for example, people living in Rhode Island, especially those who have never ventured outside their state, will not realize when writers here might be writing tongue in cheek.

Also, they might not know what it feels like to eat a banana for the first time, freshly picked.

Most of them, probably, have never even seen a banana plant growing freely in their backyard.

I am just saying that the world is changing.

Seven years ago, no one read this Farang Pub stuff if they were outside Thailand.

Now....

They do.

The Worms Turn.....

19 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd tell you why it had changed, but I'd be banned for 10 days again

I think my point was that, just a few years ago, very few people outside of Thailand were reading our posts.

And now, there are a few who are.

Maybe there might be a few readers from Tristan da Cunha, now.

I would like to visit this place!

Gough_and_Inaccessible_Islands-113067.thumb.jpg.806b8406a63253f3a6f350471c1d4f00.jpg