Communication Between Thai Girl

eric1000

I have noticed that some couple dont appear to have any verbal communication at all .

i was seated at Udon Thani airport waiting a flight and noticed a farang and his girl , he was 50s she was late 20s . During the wait at the airport and on the plane around 2 hours i never saw them exchange any verbal communication at all , not 1 word !

then at arrivals at DM no talk or chat at all . they appeared to have been recently married as well..

alarming ....

My girlfriend (who is thai) doesn't speak great english, but its quite good. She's only been learning for a year and only a few hours every week. But it has improved a lot over the past 2 weeks - i guess because she has a reason to learn it now :o

I have noticed that some couple dont appear to have any verbal communication at all .

i was seated at Udon Thani airport waiting a flight and noticed a farang and his girl , he was 50s she was late 20s . During the wait at the airport and on the plane around 2 hours i never saw them exchange any verbal communication at all , not 1 word !

then at arrivals at DM no talk or chat at all . they appeared to have been recently married as well..

alarming ....

They were probably both thinking, in their own way

'Look at that strange farang over there on his own. I wonder why he's on his own? Maybe into diddling little boys, the perv!'

> i never saw them exchange any verbal communication

> at all , not 1 word !

They obviously mastered telepathy.

Alternatively, they could just been having an argument. I know I don't talk much with my girlfriend when I'm upset with her (or v.v.)!

Cheers,

Chanchao

My girlfriend (who is thai) doesn't speak great english, but its quite good. She's only been learning for a year and only a few hours every week. But it has improved a lot over the past 2 weeks - i guess because she has a reason to learn it now :o

My future missus hardly understood a word of English when we met 18mths ago.

But now she does quite well......

The trouble is, I think she knows more English than she does, at times, and this can

cause misunderstandings and frustration.

We can't complain that they don't understand us, can we?

When we are equally to blame for not understanding Thai.......

The most important thing I think, is to praise them when they get it right , and to be patient when they fail. Too often their confidence is destroyed by ridicule and

anger.

I often remind my family of the pronounciation mistakes they make by copying their way of speaking English -good laughs for everybody.

Trouble is, I now have picked up a Thai accent on top of my native German one....