UK list of countries that are considered Covid-safe

ponder

Unbelievable. Thailand is not regarded as a "Covid-19 safe" country by UK authorities (just announced). See the list of "exempt" countries by following the link below.

People from Spain and Italy can go to the UK without self-isolating, but people from Thailand cannot... Well done, Doris Johnson.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand entered lock down on 26th March / Thailands first case on 14th Jan

UK entered lock down on on 23rd March / UK's first case on 29th Jan

Actually, unlike Thailand, the UK never had a lockdown. International flights, including 450 from China were allowed to land there throughout the so-called "lockdown".

https://www.channel4.com/news/how-effective-is-travel-quarantine-and-a-travel-ban

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

25 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yes the UK government doesn't believe the official narrative from Thailand, also Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia not included. The EU has Thailand on it's safe list.

But it believes Vietnam? That seems strange to me (I am just commenting, not looking for a fight).

The President of Vietnam (Chủ tịch nước) is elected by the National Assembly, thus an indirect system. The Prime Minister of Vietnam (Thủ tướng) and Chief Justice (Chánh án Tối cao) of Vietnam are appointed by the President and approved by the National Assembly. The Ministers are then appointed by the Prime Minister and also approved by the National Assembly.

At the May 20, 2007 election only the Vietnamese Fatherland Front, a front consisting of the Communist Party of Vietnam, mass organizations and affiliated, and some non-partisans were allowed to participate. 1 member is self-nominated and is not a member of the VFF. 42 seats were won by non-party candidates. The president is elected for a five-year term by the parliament. More than 99% of all candidates were selected by Communist Party and most of them were from their own party.

Edited by ponder
Misspelling

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

It's probably more to do with Thailand rejecting visitors from the UK - a tit for tat response by an immature UK government who only have to look at their 'great success' in defeating the virus death rates. As if people would act responsibly now the Pub ban is lifted. Expect a spike after this weekend's unquestionable binge-up. 

A lot of pubs are not open today, the younger people are having block/street parties and raves in parks.

37 minutes ago, ponder said:

Unbelievable. Thailand is not regarded as a "Covid-19 safe" country by UK authorities

Who cares what the UK think? Just look at them, and then think real hard if they can put themself on their own list?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unbelievable that the UK doesn’t trust the ‘official’ result from a Military dictatorship who’s nation is falling down the order of human rights ranking???

A nation which had the first outbreak (one of) outside of China, which took longer than the UK to shut down after its first reported case* yet is reporting such low numbers it remains a statistical outlier. 

A nation which has 99.3% of its population un-tested. 

It's possible that behind closed doors there may be a certain deal of ‘official skepticism’ of Thailands numbers.

Yet if you look att he BBC article Thailand only had about 2400 deaths while the UK had about 12000 more deaths then reported. So let me put it this way UK is a virus riddled country with an incompetent government. While Thailand handled it well and had far less cases. Numbers dont lie Richard. It might hurt the pride of people from the UK but you guys are among the worst hit.

Isnt it time to stop defending the UK and admit its a mess over there ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Unbelievable that the UK doesn’t trust the ‘official’ result from a Military dictatorship who’s nation is falling down the order of human rights ranking???

A nation which had the first outbreak (one of) outside of China, which took longer than the UK to shut down after its first reported case* yet is reporting such low numbers it remains a statistical outlier. 

A nation which has 99.3% of its population un-tested. 

It's possible that behind closed doors there may be a certain deal of ‘official skepticism’ of Thailands numbers.

Really? It´s amazing that you even put your foot in that hot pot. Look at the numbers. Read em and weep!

People are linking to an incorrect page on the FCO website.  Thailand is missed on this 3rd July page which is a typo only.

Thailand is on the exempt list.  This is the corrected list as of 4th July 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel

As you can see............Thailand is on the exempt list.

Please stop spreading fake news...................   Thailand is on the list.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

People are linking to an incorrect page on the FCO website.  Thailand is missed on this 3rd July page which is a typo only.

Thailand is on the exempt list.  This is the corrected list as of 4th July 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel

So it is, still not allowed in though doh. No China, Cambodia or Laos lol.

Edited by tribalfusion001

" the UK never had a lockdown. International flights, including 450 from China were allowed to land there throughout the so-called "lockdown". "

Wuhan is welcome ......  lol  

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

You are getting mixed up .

The link that you posted refers to

"Coronavirus (COVID-19): countries and territories exempt from advice against ‘all but essential’ international travel"

This thread is about people returning to the UK and whether they have to go into a 14 day quarantine or not .

Two different things

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yet if you look att he BBC article

You do realise that the BBC is no longer a trusted source for news, now has a leftist communist anti government policy :shock1:

Actually anyone that Bill Gates is a donater too is in the same "boat!

Though not sure that any news source is reporting "correct" numbers as no longer possible due to rampant corruption within the testing procedure!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

You do realise that the BBC is no longer a trusted source for news, now has a leftist communist anti government policy :shock1:

Actually anyone that Bill Gates is a donater too is in the same "boat!

Though not sure that any news source is reporting "correct" numbers as no longer possible due to rampant corruption within the testing procedure!

Tin foil hat conspiracy theorist alert.

39 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

It will be updated in due course, its a typo missing it from that list posted on 3rd July.

No, as stated there are two independent lists for totally different purposes.  The one you linked to is not what is being discussed here and there are no typos.  CorpusChristie explains the difference well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yes the UK government doesn't believe the official narrative from Thailand, also Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia not included. The EU has Thailand on it's safe list.

Who has been lobbying for Thailand to make it to the EU‘s list? Thailand is for the western world as important as hens‘ toothache.

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yeah looks that way, Thailand's figures do look suspect.

But Vietnam's figures (355 cases, no deaths) are even better than Thailand's. Anyway, it is inconvenient for anyone wanting to travel from here to the UK, and I am just hoping they have made a mistake and will update the list soon.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yet if you look att he BBC article Thailand only had about 2400 deaths while the UK had about 12000 more deaths then reported. So let me put it this way UK is a virus riddled country with an incompetent government. While Thailand handled it well and had far less cases. Numbers dont lie Richard. It might hurt the pride of people from the UK but you guys are among the worst hit.

Isnt it time to stop defending the UK and admit its a mess over there ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

The UK is a mess...  (apparently), I’m here no-one I know knows anyone who’s had Covid-19.

I suspect the area I’m in is pretty well protected (quiet area of the UK). 

Part of the Mess is due to all the reports of ‘Deaths With Covid-19’ rather than because of... And people are being double and triple tested. Additionally, millions of people have been tested in the UK. 

Thailand on the other hand has tested relatively very few (0.7%) of its population. 

Maybe the numbers are correct from both sides, I’m not so sure though. 

This is not being a UK apologist or trying to put Thailand down, its simply taking a view point that I’m questioning the results of both nations, for different reasons. 

• Like 1

Thailand does not belong to any free travel bubbles, it isn't even bubbling under when you look at how their authorities are reacting to minor changes from lockdown, especially if they are not reciprocal with their actions and won't let foreigners in. On the other hand there are no 'homegrown' cases officially but they are reluctant to let go of limitations. Only a total fool would believe the Thai government.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The UK is a mess...  (apparently), I’m here no-one I know knows anyone who’s had Covid-19.

I suspect the area I’m in is pretty well protected (quiet area of the UK). 

Part of the Mess is due to all the reports of ‘Deaths With Covid-19’ rather than because of... And people are being double and triple tested. Additionally, millions of people have been tested in the UK. 

Thailand on the other hand has tested relatively very few (0.7%) of its population. 

Maybe the numbers are correct from both sides, I’m not so sure though. 

This is not being a UK apologist or trying to put Thailand down, its simply taking a view point that I’m questioning the results of both nations, for different reasons. 

I think that what the BBC did comparing death rates of a previous year with those now and then allowing for covid is one of the best ways to truly see how bad it was. So I think this is one of the best ways to check. Because this way even if a country does not check you can still see the difference. That is how they caught the 2400 extra deaths in Thailand. So this way you negate the testing problem of countries. Sure its not 100% as you can always find some reasons why its not totally good but its the best of worse things. 

So basically i trust these BBC numbers and they show that the UK is a mess and Thailand did better.

This also shows the UK as the worst hit in Europe.. again that shows that people from the UK should be a lot more silent about Thailand. Glass houses and all. 

Without adequate testing, the 2400 excess deaths in Thailand can only be assumed to be caused by Covid 19.

Many of the excess deaths in the UK may be attributed to the effects of the lockdown. The "do not rescusitate" regime that was carried out in the care homes in the UK, most hospitals cancelling non essential operations/procedures can definitely be counted as a cause of excess deaths. 

The effects of the lockdown in Thailand leaving hundreds of thousands out of work. Who knows how many deaths that may have caused. Stress, depression, due to the lockdown, to name a couple of reasons for people to commit suicide.