Crazy Traveller News

isaanbrit

Hi All ,

A friend of mine has just got back from a couple of weeks in Kao Pan Gnang and 1 night on the Khao Sarn. Heres the story:

Whilst on KPY (Kho Pan Yang) 3 people were murdered. 2 of them had their thoats slit. One other in a fight or something. As a resulkt the military showed up in force (boats etc) and all the bars are now shutting at 2pm. My mate saw one of the guys being carried away in a stretcher.

Then last night apparently someone jumped out of a window at the guesthouse he was staying at on khaosarn.

Also, whilst on Khao Sarn roas a mate of his got caught with weed, the police turned down a 30,000 baht bribe but they later got out from the station at kho Samui for 100,000 baht.

Has anyone else heard of any of these stories? Pretty serious shit, apparently very little was done about the murders in the way of investigation!

Hi All ,

A friend of mine has just got back from a couple of weeks in Kao Pan Gnang and 1 night on the Khao Sarn. Heres the story:

Whilst on KPY (Kho Pan Yang) 3 people were murdered. 2 of them had their thoats slit. One other in a fight or something. As a resulkt the military showed up in force (boats etc) and all the bars are now shutting at 2pm. My mate saw one of the guys being carried away in a stretcher.

Then last night apparently someone jumped out of a window at the guesthouse he was staying at on khaosarn.

Also, whilst on Khao Sarn roas a mate of his got caught with weed, the police turned down a 30,000 baht bribe but they later got out from the station at kho Samui for 100,000 baht.

Has anyone else heard of any of these stories? Pretty serious shit, apparently very little was done about the murders in the way of investigation!

Is your friend called Walter Mitty?

MM

Hi Guys,

Sorry - it wasnt clear. There were four different incidents:

1) The 3 murders

2) The 3 motorbike deaths

3) The guy getting caught with the weed and paying 100,000 baht (on Samui, not Khao Sarn)*

4) The guy jumping from the hotel window on Khao Sarn.

I'm not making this up - I don't deny that these might be rumors that have been exaggerated but my mate says that he's absolutely sure of all these events.

* Sorry, the guy with the weed wasnt on Khao Sarn, he was on Samui - Typo :-)

ReaLLY uNuSaL tRaNsLiTeRaTiOns foR youR locATions ASide, dOuBt iF 3 MuRDerS woULd eScAPe COVERAGE in tHe newS

I know, thats the point. 3 murders should be covered in the news, anyone heard anything of it on the news?

Is there a RIGHT WAY to transliterate Thai? Oh, hold on while I go and pick my friend up from Suvarnabhumi (Suwwanapoom) airport :-) lol

:-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol :-) lol

Sounds like Chinese whispers to me.

Probably started over that one murder on Koh Phangan a few weeks ago and got progressively wilder as the story circulated through more and more drunken backpackers. :o

There has been absolutely no rumors of murdered farang beyond the one Israeli stabbed in Hadrin before the party. Which was reported. As to the motorbike accidents, well, no idea, but the way some people drive here (farang included) I wouldn't be surprised but would find it unlikely there were 3 and I never heard a word. Also, interesting that your story changed from the first post (3 dead) to the second (I guess you were implying that 6 had died).

I wouldn't take everything you hear from someone who's been to Kao Pang Yang as gospel. its Koh Pha-Ngan.

Sounds like Chinese whispers to me.

Thai chinese or... Oh and what's the correct term for that anyway....

I believe the polite and correct term for all of this is "crap"......

or depending on your transliteration.... "khrap" :o

Edited by sriracha john