More evidence emerges that a TB vaccine might help fight coronavirus

gargamon

More research emerged this week in potential support of using the tuberculosis vaccine Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) as a tool in the fight against coronavirus.

Researchers found that countries where many people have been given the vaccine have had less mortality from Covid-19.
While that doesn't mean that BCG somehow reduces the risk of severe illness form a coronavirus infection, it fits in with other research that suggests BCG can boost people's immunity in general, and perhaps help against the coronavirus.

Interesting. The United States doesn't vaccinate for Tuberculosis. Thailand does.
Edited by gargamon

20 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It is interesting as you say.  It's something I am considering as I believe in the concept of cross immunity.  

So do I. Does it work for Gonorrhoea?

Edited by Boomer6969

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

More research emerged this week in potential support of using the tuberculosis vaccine Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) as a tool in the fight against coronavirus.

I think that Trump should come out and say the TB vaccine has proven worthless.  That way the news media will immediately come out and tout the effectiveness of the vaccine.