Chiang Mai Immigration - Promenada office re-opens on 23rd

Does this mean we have to go back to Promenada to do the 90 day reports, or will we have the option of going there or to the new office near the airport? The airport is much easier to get to and the processing is much more efficient. I would hate to have to go back to Promenada. 

• Like 1

Hello, forks,

CNX immigration moves the 90 day report section  back to Promenada  again?

Do they close the existing office (back of the main building)?

Or they operate at 2 separate locations(just like they started in March this year).

Can anyone please advise me ?

My next report is due in September though.

Edited by black tabby
spelling correcdtion

They have to do something as the current airport office is swamped with too many people and traffic. I really don't care if it is at either location just as long as it is simplistic. The sky is not falling so just relax. For you old gents who can't get around so well, why don't you just mail it in?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, black tabby said:

Hello, forks,

CNX immigration moves the 90 day report section  back to Promenada  again?

Do they close the existing office (back of the main building)?

Or they operate at 2 separate locations(just like they started in March this year).

Can anyone please advise me ?

My next report is due in September though.

As I was at airport IM during the last transition I saw that they waved away all those for visa and reporting to promenada after a day’s Grace period. This I think is a smart move as I think there may be a flood at IM and promenada will be able to handle the overflow services for the next 2 months with people trying to update their visa/extensions etc. That is if govt votes on the recommendation.

Due to an extension of the Amnesty until 26th September it would not surprise me if in the next few days we see an announcement that the Promenada office is closed again (or will never open on 23rd), so if you plan to do anything in the near future make sure to check if it's open before you head this way.

Edited by jackdd

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to do in-person 90 Day report tomorrow (4 Aug).  In light of above comments just want to be sure it is indeed Promenada I should go to, and wondering if anybody has been there since reopening.  How were crowds / service?

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Planning to do in-person 90 Day report tomorrow (4 Aug).  In light of above comments just want to be sure it is indeed Promenada I should go to, and wondering if anybody has been there since reopening.  How were crowds / service?

Someone posted it is on the 2nd floor near one of the banks. Even with a photo. Not sure now what forum post it was in though. But if you scroll the visa forum you may find it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

Someone posted it is on the 2nd floor near one of the banks. Even with a photo. Not sure now what forum post it was in though. But if you scroll the visa forum you may find it. 

Appreciate that.  Just wanted to be sure it was still Promenada and hadn't been changed back to the airport LOL.  Still curious if anyone has actually been there and what the crowds/service is like.