canon printer repair

rak sa_ngop

Can anybody recommend a place that can try repairing my Canon Pixma printer in Bangkok

The printer is 5 years old but lightly used. I have just replaced the ink cartridges. The flashing light indicator points to a paper jam problem, but I have managed to trick the machine into working for short periods over the last year so not a paper jam. However now the indicator light always comes on at the end of the start up cycle preceded by a 1 second screeching sound. If I can get it to start up without the screeching sound it then prints OK. Except now it screeches on every start up regardless of any prodding and poking I do. Nothing on the web seems to address this problem that I can find.

Yes I can replace the printer for about 5,000 baht, but I think it is worth somebody with experience of these things taking a look at it. I reckon taking it to a Canon dealer would cost more than the printer is worth.

Any ideas

Thanks

Edited by rak sa_ngop

I found Dr Printer on the 4th floor of Fortune Tower and they identified the problem and fixed it in an hour. Faulty sensor which they say they replaced or maybe just repaired for 900 baht. Happy with the outcome as in my desperation I was almost ready to buy a new printer as they are relatively so cheap (but with only part filled ink cartridges in some cases).