60 day extension/ O visa

My wife & I live and were married in US. we visit Thailand 5 months per year. Previously I used O-A visa. With new insurance requirement, I used O-marriage this year. My wife has lived in US for over 40 years. She is on cousin"s house book for Thai ID/passport. Now the questions: 1} Will we have to register marriage {kor ror 22?} for me to get 60 day extension?  2} Can this be done at Thai consul in LA?  3} We fly back to US on Aug 2 which means 2 day overstay [as it now stands]. Will this affect next year's visa approval in any way? I thank you in advance for your time and kind answers.

1. No

It is only required to get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

2. Th consulate in LA does not show it on their website. The embassy shows it here in Thai. 

https://thaiembdc.org/th/thaimarriagecertificate/ But reading the translation of it appears it will not be what you need.

The Kor Ror 22 is only issued by a Amphoe here. To save time you could get your marriage certificate authenticated  while in the states that is one of things the Amhoe require. Info for doing in the states is here. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/records-and-authentications/authenticate-your-document/office-of-authentications.html Then you would have to have it legalized by the LA consulate.

After getting it done it has to be translated to Thai and certified by Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

Here you can do a self certification by doing a affidavit that it is true and correct at the US embassy that will be accepted after it is translated and certified.

Leaving on 2nd probably will not be considered a 2 day overstay since the amnesty is likely to be extended. No problem for anything later for a 2 day overstay.

• Like 2

Thank you for the good news, Ubonjoe. I always look to you for knowledgeable answers. If we don"t need to register marriage for 60 day extension for our 5 month stay.  I will just stay with O visa plus 60 days. Thanks again for all the answers.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. No

It is only required to get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

2. Th consulate in LA does not show it on their website. The embassy shows it here in Thai. 

https://thaiembdc.org/th/thaimarriagecertificate/ But reading the translation of it appears it will not be what you need.

The Kor Ror 22 is only issued by a Amphoe here. To save time you could get your marriage certificate authenticated  while in the states that is one of things the Amhoe require. Info for doing in the states is here. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/records-and-authentications/authenticate-your-document/office-of-authentications.html Then you would have to have it legalized by the LA consulate.

After getting it done it has to be translated to Thai and certified by Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok.

Here you can do a self certification by doing a affidavit that it is true and correct at the US embassy that will be accepted after it is translated and certified.

Leaving on 2nd probably will not be considered a 2 day overstay since the amnesty is likely to be extended. No problem for anything later for a 2 day overstay.

Hi Ubonjoe,  I like to add some information regarding 60 day visa extension visa.  Hua him immigration asked me for affidavit my marriage certificate which I thought only marriage certificate needed.  I don’t know if that only in this location or this Immgr person.  So possible addition trip to the embassy for 60 days extension.  I wonder how long valide of the”affidavit” document.  Can we use the same one in the next 2 months when I apply for 60 days visa?(since amnesty extend).

9 hours ago, playboy said:

Hua him immigration asked me for affidavit my marriage certificate which I thought only marriage certificate needed.

What is that? Never heard of such a affidavit. Or do you mean a updated Kor Ror 2 or 22 (foreign marriage) from an Amphoe.

The only affidavit/statement done is when applying for a one year extension.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What is that? Never heard of such a affidavit. Or do you mean a updated Kor Ror 2 or 22 (foreign marriage) from an Amphoe.

The only affidavit/statement done is when applying for a one year extension.

I will let you know when I'v done filing.  I told her only marriage certificate needed but she insist to say certifiied marriage certificate!  Maybe it's depend on each IO!

1. 1 hour ago, playboy said:

I will let you know when I'v done filing.  I told her only marriage certificate needed but she insist to say certifiied marriage certificate!  Maybe it's depend on each IO!

I think they want Kor Ror 2 marriage registry if you got married here.