Uzbekistan labour camp chief’s plan sparks anger among stranded Thais

webfact

Uzbekistan labour camp chief’s plan sparks anger among stranded Thais

By The Nation

800_86dcc40b9b33da9.jpg?v=1594971702

Thai workers living in a camp in Uzbekistan were furious when they heard the camp chief was planning to bring in a new group of labourers without putting them through quarantine.

A clip showing several Thai workers shouting at the camp’s chief went viral after being posted on Facebook by one of the workers on Wednesday (July 15).

There are 102 Thai workers stranded in a camp in Qashqadaryo due to the Covid-19 outbreak and are calling on Thai agencies to bring them back.

The man who posted the video claimed the company that hired them had denied the Thai embassy’s help and was now bringing the virus into the camp, which may end up killing one of the workers.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391494

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-17

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So while it is considered rude, socially unacceptable and a definite taboo for visitors to Thailand to raise their voices in anger,  it's OK for Thais abroad to rant and shout at their hosts when things go wrong?

If I was inclined to be sarcastic, which I am at this precise moment, I might think this is another example of double standards from the "me, me, me, self entitlement brigade...…."!

• Like 1