Motorbike taxi driver riding on wrong side of road apologises over death of woman

webfact

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he had just taken a customer to a soi 500 meters away. He always went the wrong way down the road back to the rank as the U-turn is too far away.

Unfortunately this is common practice in Thailand, see it every day in Pattaya but until the police take this kind of road usage seriously nothing will change, World Class - I DON"T THINK SO ....!!!!!

I see this all the time in Hua Hin as well. So many of them just take for granted that the people travelling in the correct direction will change lanes to avoid them, and some even go around cars parked on the side of the street, and basically ride in the middle of the road.

And as always, I am completely amazed reading the comments on ThaiVisa. There are seriously people blaming the woman instead of the people RIDING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD.

• Like 1

In the moo baan where we live there are two small round-a-bouts each with four exits.  Coming in from the main road the shortest way is to go the right/proper way.  However on the way out most win drivers and some cars will take the short cut against the flow.  Crazy as it might be seventy metres further.

I have been knocked off my bicycle twice by these ignorant b@st@rds. The first time was a SUV that sent me into the round-a-bout causing knee and shoulder damage.  Never stopped even though the female passenger definitely saw me.

23 hours ago, robblok said:

You see those idiots going against traffic too. The U turn ads an extra km to their trip (500 meters going and then back) So they all decide to take an other u turn against traffic. Sometimes there are cops that fine them but most of the time nothing happens. 

I hope this guy gets the book thrown at him going on the wrong side of a road just endangers people and all because of losing some extra time and money. 

Your second paragraph robblok , I would rather he had a brick thrown at him , idiot drivers , no licence and no idea.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Myran said:

I see this all the time in Hua Hin as well. So many of them just take for granted that the people travelling in the correct direction will change lanes to avoid them, and some even go around cars parked on the side of the street, and basically ride in the middle of the road.

And as always, I am completely amazed reading the comments on ThaiVisa. There are seriously people blaming the woman instead of the people RIDING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Did they specifically blame the lady or did they comment that she had enough room to correct her movement? I've cursed these wrong way guys countless times myself, but I also know I have to right to pull over, stop whatever it takes to stay alive.

22 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

He must watch a lot of Thai soaps to apologize to a dead lady! An apology doesn't help her family for their loss or funeral expenses. Hope he gets a long prison sentence. 

or  likes  English and wants a  job overseas