Mahasarakham University not to allow student political protests today

webfact

Mahasarakham University not to allow student political protests today

By THE NATION

800_cd36b3f5ff23b5b.jpg?v=1595395115

Photo credit: Patthanit shop

Mahasarakham University announced that it will not allow students to hold any political gathering on its campus today (July 22).

Free Youth activists have held small gatherings nationwide after their street protest at Democracy Monument in Bangkok.

According to the group’s social media page and pages of other political activists, the political assembly in Mahasarakham province was scheduled for today.

The university explained that it prohibited the use of its campus to prevent Covid-19 from spreading, in line with the emergency decree.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391742

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-22

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Schools are for learning.  They should protest outside.

The noise is ridiculous when people are trying to take exams.

There's always some <deleted> dressed as a dragon and banging drums or something on a normal day.

Edited by johnray
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnray said:

Schools are for learning.  They should protest outside.

The noise is ridiculous when people are trying to take exams.

There's always some <deleted> dressed as a dragon and banging drums or something on a normal day.

And then one day, they came for you.

• Like 1

Another spineless dean or his pampers are overflowing with manure from Bangkok. 

I suggest the students then congregate outside the campus so the face of the dean and the university is saved. I assume that this particular university does not offer study courses in political science - or am I wrong again? 

• Like 2

Whatever and wherever protests take place, there's always a law prescribing it in one way or another.it

A private place, a government area, obstruction of a public highway or place, riotous assembly, covid rules. But protests are permitted, once permission has been granted, after a risk assessment, agreement of the landowner, etc..... The man has the sheep by the short and curlies.

• Like 1

Protest is a sign of a healthy democracy, where different views can be expressed. A university is one place that should allow free expression to develop questioning minds, not cannon fodder for large corporations. Mahasarakham obviously not read that part of the good education handbook

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The university explained that it prohibited the use of its campus to prevent Covid-19 from spreading, in line with the emergency decree.

Complete BS

I guess the directors had a phone conversation with someone.. 

Students know what to do now... take it to the streets.

• Like 2

I suggest a new location - in front of the Dean's house.

If anyone want to cite emergency decree laws and possible spread of non-existing Covid-19, drive around in a parade of motorcycles and cars without physical contact.

Imagine that would be funny....

• Like 2