Fit-to-Fly Certificate is there an official form to download?

I'm currently in the process of trying to fly back to Thailand to reunite with my wife.

My visa expeired last month so have mailed in the required documents and waiting for the new Non-Immigrant-O approval.

Looking on to the next hurdle I searched around for places to get my 72-hour Covid test and Fit-to-Fly Certificate. The doctor that I talked to about the covid test asked me if there is a special form from the Thai Consulate/Embassy that needs to be downloaded and filled out.

I told him that I would look in to it. 

After looking on the consulate's website under forms, I didn't see anything resembling "fit-to-fly".

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks,

There are forms which the Airlines carry, there is on on the Thai Airways Website.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/travel-advisory-for-covid19.page

Its best to ask your local Embassy. I raised the same question with the Thai Embassy in the UK and was informed that there is no specific format, a letter from any Doctor stating you are free of Covid-19 symptoms and Fit to Fly is sufficient. 

-------

Slightly off topic: I suspect the requirement for the Fit to Fly document is a legacy from when before the Covid-19 test became prevalent and there was as set of requirements for returning Thai’s (who, at the time, were unable to get Covid-19 tests because there weren’t available in the early days). 

As the Covid-19 test became available there were obviously meetings and the requirement to have a Covid-19 test was added to the list of requirements for the CoE. Clearly no one thought to remove the requirement of the Fit to Fly document which is no superfluous. 

Okay, I did both printed out the form on the airline's website and called the Consulate and both forms look to be the same. When I called the consulate the person that I talked to siad that there wasn't any particulate fit-to-fly form that he knew of and refered me to the ministry of health website here:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/form.php

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/form/General_Passenger_20032020.pdf

Thanks again, Richard

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are forms which the Airlines carry, there is on on the Thai Airways Website.

https://www.thaiairways.com/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/travel-advisory-for-covid19.page

Its best to ask your local Embassy. I raised the same question with the Thai Embassy in the UK and was informed that there is no specific format, a letter from any Doctor stating you are free of Covid-19 symptoms and Fit to Fly is sufficient. 

-------

Slightly off topic: I suspect the requirement for the Fit to Fly document is a legacy from when before the Covid-19 test became prevalent and there was as set of requirements for returning Thai’s (who, at the time, were unable to get Covid-19 tests because there weren’t available in the early days). 

As the Covid-19 test became available there were obviously meetings and the requirement to have a Covid-19 test was added to the list of requirements for the CoE. Clearly no one thought to remove the requirement of the Fit to Fly document which is no superfluous. 

"who, at the time, were unable to get Covid-19 tests because there weren’t available in the early days)."

In the early days? I think you mean months. Repatriation flights haven't existed very long. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears you are in the states. There is info here on the Los Angeles consulate website.

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/related-procedures-in-requesting-for-a-certificate-of-entry-and-visa-to-enter-thailand/

One of your first steps will be to apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

The information I have is that you have to apply for the visa at the same time that you apply for the COE. If the COE is approved then the visa processing will be done as step 2.

16 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The information I have is that you have to apply for the visa at the same time that you apply for the COE. If the COE is approved then the visa processing will be done as step 2.

Correct, but you still have to choose which visa you'd require while filling out the initial application.

The visa part will be taken care of after you submit your flights/hotel bookings.

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"who, at the time, were unable to get Covid-19 tests because there weren’t available in the early days)."

In the early days? I think you mean months. Repatriation flights haven't existed very long. 

Thailand Imposed a ban on commercial passenger flights on 4th April.

Thai’s were being repatriated in April - at the time there wasn’t a great availability of private clinics caring out Covid-19 tests. Hence for those Thai’s travelling back at the time a Covid-19 test certificate (negative) was not a requirement and a Fit to Fly certificate (indicating no Covid-19 symptoms) issued less than 72 hours before departure was. 

I suspect the continued requirement for the Fit to Fly certificate is a legacy from this period. 

My Thai National Wife is sitting on Day 6 in Quarantine at the Cinnamon Hotel -- Repatriation flight from USA out of LAX.  (40 hours total time from Maui, Hawaii - to LAX - LAX to Seoul - to BKK)

Here are the two forms we used.

I didn't want to take a chance, so I asked the Doctor to sign them both and she did.

Phapassorn had no troubles at all both in Seoul, South Korea

and at the airport in BKK.

I don't think she needed both, but I like the form with more information the best.

Attached are the two forms.

Good Luck.

Steve

Phapassorn Rattanasri FTF Form TWO.pdf Phapassorn Rattanasri FTF Form.pdf

Thank you Steve,

Yes, those are two of the examples that the person at the Thai Consulate gave me as well.

I'm thinking that one could actually type up your own form and take it to the doctor if he/she didn't have their own form.

The form should state both "covid negative and fit to fly" to cover all bases.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:39 PM, unheard said:

Correct, but you still have to choose which visa you'd require while filling out the initial application.

The visa part will be taken care of after you submit your flights/hotel bookings.

Of course you need to select the correct visa type, I didn't state otherwise. However I'm not sure whether the Visa staff are being selective in regards to what type of visa's that they are willing to issue at this point given that the groups re-entering at present have either work permit or spouses etc. 

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

However I'm not sure whether the Visa staff are being selective in regards to what type of visa's that they are willing to issue at this point given that the groups re-entering at present have either work permit or spouses etc. 

Here's a list of available visas listed on the COE application:

visa.PNG

• 5 months later...

Medconsult has fit to fly certificates for 400 baht. You pay 400 baht, you receive a link to fill in an online form (which took me 30 seconds) then receive the fit to fly by email! There's a 2 min video consult after to approve it. Soo simple!

On 7/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand Imposed a ban on commercial passenger flights on 4th April.

Thai’s were being repatriated in April - at the time there wasn’t a great availability of private clinics caring out Covid-19 tests. Hence for those Thai’s travelling back at the time a Covid-19 test certificate (negative) was not a requirement and a Fit to Fly certificate (indicating no Covid-19 symptoms) issued less than 72 hours before departure was. 

I suspect the continued requirement for the Fit to Fly certificate is a legacy from this period. 

Thus the ridiculous Fit to Fly requirement due covid-19 imposed by Thailand should be now abolished and the certificates reserved for their original use and intent

• Pregnancy after 36 weeks
  • Serious illness and injury
  • Patients who must travel with assistance

My companys med centre initially expressed surprise the first time they were asked to provide a fit to fly cert for one of the guys "we normally only supply them for pregnant women".

My fit to fly cert from my company doctor was accepted for travel into Thailand is as follows

Date

To whom it may concern

Re xxxxxx xxxxx D.oB. xx xx xxxx

This gentleman is FIT to fly without any health restrictions

Yours sincerely

Dr xxxxxx

signed and stamped

3 hours ago, dejenny80 said:

Medconsult has fit to fly certificates for 400 baht. You pay 400 baht, you receive a link to fill in an online form (which took me 30 seconds) then receive the fit to fly by email! There's a 2 min video consult after to approve it. Soo simple!

Interesting - Has anyone successfully used this service for travel into Thailand recently ?

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Interesting - Has anyone successfully used this service for travel into Thailand recently ?

Seems to be the "go-to" option for numerous people in a FB ASQ group I keep an eye on. No reports of anyone having problems with it, plenty of successful reports.

Search for Dr Donna in the group.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sead said:

I just got confirmed by Thai Airways and Thai embassy. You can not use this online service. It has to be done by a visit at a doctor

Well, I don't know about Thai airways, but Singapore airlines didn't have any problems with my FTF cert from quick.md ..... Like doctor Donna it was an online visit (telemedicine) with a real MD, (as is doctor Donna)

Thai immigration didn't have any issues with the online FTF certificate either as I'm currently on day 11 in ASQ in Bangkok. Lots of us here now got here on telemedicine FTF's.

No Thai embassy will ever see your FTF, only Thai Immigration and they don't have a problem with it. If Thai Airways has a problem with it, I'd find a better airline 555, I haven't flown Thai since the Junta put a General in charge of the company instead of an airline professional, and got them decertified by the US FAA over lack of flight safety protocol compliance. What a cluster****.

Do whatever you want but what you got was an opinion from somebody OTHER than Thai Immigration, and it runs contrary to the actual experience of a lot of people who have recently entered just fine on certificates of this type.

23 hours ago, Mai mee said:

Well, I don't know about Thai airways, but Singapore airlines didn't have any problems with my FTF cert from quick.md ..... Like doctor Donna it was an online visit (telemedicine) with a real MD, (as is doctor Donna)

Thai immigration didn't have any issues with the online FTF certificate either as I'm currently on day 11 in ASQ in Bangkok. Lots of us here now got here on telemedicine FTF's.

No Thai embassy will ever see your FTF, only Thai Immigration and they don't have a problem with it. If Thai Airways has a problem with it, I'd find a better airline 555, I haven't flown Thai since the Junta put a General in charge of the company instead of an airline professional, and got them decertified by the US FAA over lack of flight safety protocol compliance. What a cluster****.

Do whatever you want but what you got was an opinion from somebody OTHER than Thai Immigration, and it runs contrary to the actual experience of a lot of people who have recently entered just fine on certificates of this type.

Yes it was from medical. They have spoken to the Thai Airways and Embassy. Copenhagen doesn't approve online FTF.. My gf is going home on Sunday with SQ. 

Archived