Thailand Among 'top Four Countries' For Japanese Investors

ThaiGoon

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grab a dictionary and search for the term "reliability" . If still not convinced, try thinking twice before believing all that's written in the papers. When I first read "Snow White and the 7 dwarves" I found it pretty realistic, it even had pictures in it, took me a couple of months to figure out that it was all bullocks...

:o I don't know Alex. The survey was done by the Japanese themselves (Japan External Trade Organisation.) Thai media just reported it. I know you are bitterly desperate to dump Thailand in the sewer, but at least try to come up with some data that could support your arguement.

Here's a couple more interesting pieces of news:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=118311

March exports hit all-time high

(dpa) - Thailand's exports hit $13 billion in March, marking a record high for the kingdom, the commerce ministry announced Tuesday.

Commerce Minister Krirkkrai Jirapaet said exports in the first quarter reached $34 billion, up 18 per cent compared with the same period last year.

Although the baht currency appreciated 8 per cent against the dollar in 2006 and has continued to strengthen against the greenback this year, Krirkkrai forecast an annual export growth of 12.5 per cent in 2007 or $130 billion.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=118309

Dubai courts more Thai investment

DUBAI – The United Arab Emirates’ Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has persuaded Thailand to invest in the country and exchange business strengths and opportunities with the UAE federation, according to Thai Foreign Minister Nitya Pibulsonggram.

Note to people who "wish Thailand well": All I'm saying that it's not all doom and gloom in Thailand, not trying to gloat that Thailand will become a superduper country tomorrow. Please understand this simple difference.

Edited by ThaiGoon

I was discussing cognitive development/ the stages of human development a la Piaget the other day with a farang friend after being told of extraordinary problems by a very bright Thai friend in the area of understanding seemingly simple business concepts. In our opinion in the LOS the great mass of people are stuck in the "concrete operations" stage, where abstract thinking really isn't used or capable of being used. This explains a whole lot, such as the seeming inability to give directions and the obvious yawns that start appearing when one goes into anything not directly practical. This backs up one of another friend's favourite standbys...."they don't do theoretical"....in fact it says it all. Our opinion was that the Thai mind is in no way inferior or lacking in potential, (which actually is the case in some parts of the world like Africa and especially central Africa, the great unsayable, but true on good data) but the whole system of nurture and education here, the rule/role, no initiative model, is the culprit. So this is in no way a judgement about the "goodness" of the Thai people, and it certainly is a generalisation. To expect the majority to act any differently, according to my learned friend, is like asking a donkey to jump over Beecher's Brook.

I suppose it's possible that on some levels with great management which the Japanese are very capable of, having people of inferior ability doing robotic tasks might actually be an advantage, but on a countrywide basis it surely can't be.

On the other hand, if things are at a low base, there may be more potential for a rise!

Just wondering, why does every thread that Thaigoon starts or participates in in a significant way descends into a flame war very quickly? :D

Bonus prize for the TV member who spots the common denominator... :o

Yeah, notice the names of the posters in those threads? Brilliant minds like Bkkandrew, Cdnvic, Alexth, BingoBongo, Dakhar, Think too Mut, Jaasreeves (spelling?) Hmmm I wonder why. :D:D

Edited by ThaiGoon

Just wondering, why does every thread that Thaigoon starts or participates in in a significant way descends into a flame war very quickly? :D

Yeah, notice the names of the posters in those threads? Bkkandrew, Cdnvic, Alexth, BingoBongo, Think too Mut, Jaasreeves 9spelling?) Hmmm I wonder why. :D:D

perhaps the folks you mention are just more realistic than you

Yeah, notice the names of the posters in those threads? Brilliant minds like Bkkandrew, Cdnvic, Alexth, BingoBongo, Dakhar, Think too Mut, Jaasreeves (spelling?) Hmmm I wonder why. :D:D

Right, not to labour the point, as I know English is not your first language, but I was talking about the common denominator....

I was discussing cognitive development/ the stages of human development a la Piaget the other day with a farang friend after being told of extraordinary problems by a very bright Thai friend in the area of understanding seemingly simple business concepts. In our opinion in the LOS the great mass of people are stuck in the "concrete operations" stage, where abstract thinking really isn't used or capable of being used. This explains a whole lot, such as the seeming inability to give directions and the obvious yawns that start appearing when one goes into anything not directly practical. This backs up one of another friend's favourite standbys...."they don't do theoretical"....in fact it says it all. Our opinion was that the Thai mind is in no way inferior or lacking in potential, (which actually is the case in some parts of the world like Africa and especially central Africa, the great unsayable, but true on good data) but the whole system of nurture and education here, the rule/role, no initiative model, is the culprit. So this is in no way a judgement about the "goodness" of the Thai people, and it certainly is a generalisation. To expect the majority to act any differently, according to my learned friend, is like asking a donkey to jump over Beecher's Brook.

I suppose it's possible that on some levels with great management which the Japanese are very capable of, having people of inferior ability doing robotic tasks might actually be an advantage, but on a countrywide basis it surely can't be.

On the other hand, if things are at a low base, there may be more potential for a rise!

Interesting. From my personal experiences at engineering schools in the US, I've lost count of how many times Thai students had to help his white classmates in homework and then basically pissed all over them later in the exams. But my Thai friends and I still do respect white students though, as we understand they can't be all "kwai"s like that. They must have got something right as well. Plus we are all friends. :o

Right, not to labour the point, as I know English is not your first language, but I was talking about the common denominator....

Yeah, I was talking about the common denominator. Trust me. :o

And Reasontobecheerful, one more thing. Even with those experiences, my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais. We understand that a small sample of white people we had experiences studying with can't really represent the entire white population. We also understand that it has very little to do with race. :D :D

"Time and memory are true artists; they remold reality nearer to the heart's desire." - John Dewey

P.S.: Seek help

November and December are the 11th and 12th months of year. One year has 12 months. I think that's reality right Alex? :D:o

And yet, you still don't get the point. Ok, fun's over, I'm not replying to this fairytale of yours anymore...

November and December are the 11th and 12th months of year. One year has 12 months. I think that's reality right Alex? :D:o

And yet, you still don't get the point. Ok, fun's over, I'm not replying to this fairytale of yours anymore...

Err Alex, I know your point. That's why I countered with that, and its point was you are hardly a standard of a realist when you couldn't tell what time of the year Nov and Dec are, just because you bitterly desperately wanted to distort everything to make thailand look worse than it is. We all understood each other now, Alex?

Edited by ThaiGoon

Yeah, I was talking about the common denominator. Trust me. :o

And Reasontobecheerful, one more thing. Even with those experiences, my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais. We understand that a small sample of white people we had experiences studying with can't really represent the entire white population. We also understand that it has very little to do with race. :D :D

Hmmm. Common denominator means the entity (in this case person) common (i.e. that by it is noted by its presence) to all threads containing such flames. You are that man and spraying multiple usernames as fellow culprits reinforces the point I am making...

Not sure on the point you were making regarding race, but saying "all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais" in any post would be regarded as racist by most dispassionate onlookers...

To be fair (as I always am), the quote from Thaigoon should have also contained "my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not" at the start, to give the full context. Regardless, it is still a comment that would be construed as racist by most and is probably banned by your college, for example.

Gosh, I hope your not using one of their computers to spread racist thoughts...

Which college do you attend again? :o:D:D

Hmmm. Common denominator means the entity (in this case person) common (i.e. that by it is noted by its presence) to all threads containing such flames.

Exactly those "brilliant minds" have been in every thread I created and look at what they (you) have said in all those threads. The common denomiator in this case is a certain group of people. :o I could have specifically quoted what they (you) said that started the "flames", but I can't be bothered.

Not sure on the point you were making regarding race, but saying "all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais" in any post would be regarded as racist by most dispassionate onlookers...

Thanks for conveniently ignoring the fact that I said "NOT all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais" and the fact that I was responding to Reasontobecheerful above.

Let me say again that I believe NOT all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais.

:D

Edited by ThaiGoon

To be fair (as I always am), the quote from Thaigoon should have also contained "my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not" at the start, to give the full context.

Excellent. The fact that English is your first language might mean something after all. Next time, I might try to bold and highlight important words so that native speakers like you can grasp my broken English better. :o

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/25...ss_30032634.php

MAP TA PHUT PROJECTS

PTT, Siam Cement get go-ahead

Ministry cites 'very low level' of pollution

PTT and Siam Cement have been given the greenlight by the Industry Ministry to proceed with their planned petrochemical projects in the Map Ta Phut industrial zone, despite growing concerns for local residents' health.

"We have already strictly screened the projects before giving the approval. These two projects have efficient operating systems and emit pollution at a very low level," Deputy Industry Minister Piyabutr Cholvijarn said yesterday.

Earlier, Industry Minister Kosit Panpiemras said that due to cooperation from existing plants, the toxic levelas in the area should be reduced according to the master plan within a year and that should allow businesses to proceed with those new projects that pass environment impact assessments.

About seven to eight power and petrochemical plants are planned for the area to benefit from the proximity of existing plants.

Despite the companies' desire to stay close together, the government sees the need to find a new location for industrial plants, now that Map Ta Phut is nearly full.

Piyabutr said that out of a total area of 120,000 rai, Map Ta Phut has only 20,000 rai left, and that is sufficient to accommodate only the petrochemical plants in the third development phase.

"We have to speed up the study to find a new location because Map Ta Phut can support expansion projects for just five more years," he said.

Piyabutr told the Cabinet yesterday that the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) has proposed the development of a 20,000-rai industrial estate in the South, either in Surat Thani or Nakhon Si Thammarat. A committee would be set up, chaired by NESDB secretary-general Ampon Kittampon, to conduct an in-depth feasibility study, including estimating an infrastructure development budget.

The new industrial estate study is expected to be completed and approved by the interim government.

More economic news:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/25...ss_30032622.php

ECONOMIC GROWTH

Securities analysts confident

Property and banking predicted to be best performers

The consensus among securities analysts is of a higher forecast for average earnings growth of listed companies this year, from 2.6 per cent in an earlier estimate to 3.2 per cent, and of higher expectations for the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) Index, from 729 points to 731.

The property-development sector is expected to be the best performer this year, with earnings-per-share (EPS) growth of 32 per cent, followed by the banking sector with EPS growth of 22.2 per cent.

In the earlier consensus, the property and banking sectors were estimated to grow 18 per cent and 10 per cent, respectively.

He said the consensus on this year's SET Index target had risen marginally, from 729 points to 731. This is on anticipation that foreign investors will remain net buyers of Thai stocks, given that Thai shares are cheap, interest rates are falling, the uncertain policy environment will improve and the economic-stimulus package will be positive for stock investment.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/25...ss_30032645.php

COMMERCE

Exporters drive big trade gap

First-quarter surplus hits US$4.27 bn as exports increase 18% year on year

Thailand's trade surplus jumped to US$4.27 billion (Bt149 billion) in the first quarter, thanks to a significant year-on-year increase of 18.2 per cent in exports, the Commerce Ministry announced yesterday.

Exports of most industrial goods increased more than 15 per cent, including electronic goods, automobiles, construction materials and medical products

Exports to all markets also increased in the first quarter, with a 12.9-per-cent hike in exports to major markets. Exports to new markets jumped 25.5 per cent. Outstanding performances included a 42.5-per-cent increase in sales to Eastern Europe, a 64.5-per-cent increase to India, a 62.3-per-cent rise to Australia, 35.4 per cent more to Latin America and 20.2 per cent more to China.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/25...ss_30032635.php

Budget hiked for pipeline plan

PTT has increased its investment budget for the third-phase natural gas pipeline project by Bt28 billion to a total of Bt185 billion to reflect the rising costs of construction materials.

And note again to those people who "wish Thailand well". My point is it's not all doom and gloom for Thailand economy. It's down right now, but it's not as catastrophic as you people who "love" Thailand want everyone to believe. I'm not saying that future is oh so bright for Thailand either. Hopefully I won't have to type this note everytime I posted positive news, and brilliant minds like Alexth, Bkkandrew, Cdnvic, Jaasreeves, Dakhar, think too much and a few others can finally understand my point. :o

thai goon.

I just wanted to say that it's not all going downhill for Thailand as people like you want everyone to believe

thai reality.

Bank of Thailand revised growth forecast to 3.8-4.8 per cent

BANGKOK, April 24 (TNA) – The Bank of Thailand Tuesday revised downward the country’s economic growth forecast from the range of 4-5 per cent to 3.8-4.8 per cent as consumption and investment activities contracted more severely than previously expected. Announcing the revised growth forecast for the Thai economy this year, Mr Methi Supapong, director of the Bank of Thailand’s Monetary Policy Division said the revised forecast is also attributed to the fact that the Thai economy slowed down well into the first two months of this year.

Investor and consumer confidence remains fragile due to uncertainties and any recovery from this sluggish pace may take longer than expected.

Edited by taxexile

Hopefully I won't have to type this note everytime I posted positive news, and brilliant minds like Alexth, Bkkandrew, Cdnvic, Jaasreeves, Dakhar, think too much and a few others can finally understand my point. :D

I hope you want to share with us how old you are, Thaigoon.... :D ; your background, your experience in economics and the like.

Thailand need self-claimed brilliant people like yourself....especially if they're so convinced of themselves.

Forget about the other 'brilliant' posters, you mentioned above... :o What would they know, right ?

Your pro-Japan investment article shows a lack of insight about Japanese companies and their way of culture and doing business.

Japanese are interested in just one thing and that's: PROFIT.

They really don't give sh_t about Thailand or any other country they invest in. They're just doing business and the middle- to upper management will always be Japanese and steered by the Mother-company back home.

Sure, they create a lot of jobs, but what kind of jobs ? You know the answer: low paid jobs, non-educated jobs for the vast major part.

The Japanese companies are infamous for their creative accountancy tricks, since ALL of the PROFIT will always flow back to the Mother-company back home in Japan BEFORE they will decide what to do next.

They will NOT re-invest the profits into the local economy if not necessary.

They are NOT interested in the SOCIAL environment in the local country or it's workers.

The moment Thailand is of no longer interest to them, for ANY reason, whether political, unrest, too expensive currency, too high production costs or a combination of foresaid.................they're GONE.

We've seen this before in the West; you will notice that too, sooner or later.

I suggest you orientate yourself a bit more into the REGIONAL countries around Thailand and not be so inwardly -Thailand- looking; you will be surprised what's going on.

You will even be shocked...

Regionally and economically, Thailand is just a small province with a mere 65 million people, in comparison with 2 Giants like China and India with 2.3 to 2.4 billion people combined :D

That's 2.8% of that population...and I'm not even talking about the other, regional, countries.

But, I'm sure you come up with contra answers.

ps: I'm far from brilliant like you; just some 30 years of business experience in the Far East.

LaoPo

LaoPo- At least on this post, and I see you've been around TV a lot longer than me, Thaigoon started with a reasonable OP. Right or wrong, it's reasonable to think that Japanese investment will help Thailand. Not a fact, but a reasonable position.

Just a quick example--what you call low paying jobs would tend, I think, to pay much better than whatever else displaced former farm workers tend to make. So, and again just as an example, the possible Japanese investment you dismiss (gee- capitalist companies want to make money?), might actually help to provide the kind of bridge level jobs that are needed to give the rural poor in Thailand a future. And if you look back, you may find that, as in my family, in your own family your preceding generations went from farm to low paying factory jobs and then on from there. And often the same in Thailand for those who have already moved on and up, perhaps like Thaigoon's own family (certainly this was the case for many of the young Thai-Americans I studied back in the US).

Many of the posters on this thread have engaged in the kind of cynical nonsense that just doesn't respond rationally to the OP. Did the OP get drawn into it, and was that the goal of some of the posters? Probably, but still, I question their motivation, and I do sense a whiff of animosity toward "uppity" Thais on this forum.

More importantly, did the OP submit an interesting post? Yes, in my view. And it doesn't really matter that he's apparently a 20-something student or young professional just starting out. All voices, if they elect to move beyond cynical one-liners, have something to offer the discussion, at least in my view.

So to return to the point. I think Japanese investment will be a positive factor for Thailand's future.

Threads with "The Goon" and his alias "Shochu" quickly deteriorate because "The Goon" is not open to reason and inevitably results to personal attacks and name calling.

"The Goon/Shochu" obviously has some enemies on TV, and I can assure you he earned each and every one of them by being narrow-minded, offensive and completely irrational.

His recent racist comments regarding "white" people (or "kwais," as he calls them) will surely earn him some more well-deserved enemies.

To "The Goon/Shochu:"

We are all open to a well-reasoned and thoughtful debate about Thailand and it's pros and cons. When you learn to calm down, relax, control yourself and be respectful to other members, you might find that your threads become much more productive.

But maybe that's not what you want.

I do sense a whiff of animosity toward "uppity" Thais on this forum.

as long as the resident thais on this forum toe the line ie show respect at all times to the farangs their viewpoint is 'welcomed'. you get one that actually responds to the continual thai bashing he gets flamed.

JEEBUSJONES,

You crack me up!

Please offer us something to chew on - PLEASE

LAOPO,

You have not described a Japanese Co. but any Company anywhere in the world. Tell me any company that does not resort to acconting tricks like moving purchases/profits forward/back. Look at any firm doing business anywhere in the world and they bring in the native staff to get the country firm up to speed and then they give the top duties over to locals or keep a few of the natives stay on to help guide the firm. Biggest expense is labor - training and retaining good people. Go into any headquarters in any city in the region and who do you see working the top jobs - maybe a few foreign faces but mostly locals. And yes the japanese do not give up the reins easily - but they do - think Sony. And much of your post are things others have already said - myself included - so then answer me this - why did they choose LOS when they could have chosen any number of countries in the region - in particular China or India where the markets are.

TAxEXILE,

Gee, could it be that the numbers are moving down because the world is slowing down. Is it possible that every nation has had to revise their numbers down - EXCEPT - oh wait a moment - the U.S. which is making tons of money overseas and they just had a bill passed in congress which allows all their foreign earnings to be brought back from their offshore accounts for almost no tax liability??? So what do they do - bring it all back when the U.S. economy is shit to make it look like it is really doing fine - WOW - what a great accounting trick!!!

REASONTOBECHEEP,

Your reading on the human cognitive conditon is - although hinting at some insight - quite primitive and sits within the realm of ingnorance and racism. I assume the studies you are citing are those with vested interests. Well how about trying to do some research on independent studies by psychologists who have surmised that no individual possesses any quantifiable advantage over another and as long as the individual has the basic hardware in tact - which then suggests the environment is the most single important element in their future abilities - much to your chagrin - even for africans. Witness the major scholarly african americans at ivy league schools who had the good environs. Man - your take on this is hilarious. It has even been suggested that primitive people living in tribes in the new guinea jungles are in relative terms more intelligent than we educated westerners because of their intimate and vast knowledge of all things in their environs which make our learned knowledge comparatively minimal. As well, although western books and scholars would like us to believe that creative learning in the west is better than the rote learning learned in the east - funny how it is the eastern students excelling in all the schools around the world and not only that - but funny how most creative design centers from all the major firms around the world are now rushing to open creative design centers in china, india, korea, etc. to tap into this talent. And funny how india is reknown as a management and technology center. And would you believe me if I told you that thailand has some very amazing economists and management experts that many have heard of. Funny how according to your studies - the same people also say that asians are far superior to westerners. Should we be so bold as to believe this too? I don't - but I guess you do - right?

AND as already mentioned - thaigoon writes for his country amid all the doom and gloom. Funny how when he posts something - the vultures start circling and they wait for someone to kick him - then they all start kicking him - interesting indeed.

And one more thing,

JEEBUSCONES,

:o:D :D :D :D :bah: :bah:

JEEBUSJONES,

You crack me up!

Please offer us something to chew on - PLEASE

LAOPO,

You have not described a Japanese Co. but any Company anywhere in the world. Tell me any company that does not resort to acconting tricks like moving purchases/profits forward/back. Look at any firm doing business anywhere in the world and they bring in the native staff to get the country firm up to speed and then they give the top duties over to locals or keep a few of the natives stay on to help guide the firm. Biggest expense is labor - training and retaining good people. Go into any headquarters in any city in the region and who do you see working the top jobs - maybe a few foreign faces but mostly locals. And yes the japanese do not give up the reins easily - but they do - think Sony. And much of your post are things others have already said - myself included - so then answer me this - why did they choose LOS when they could have chosen any number of countries in the region - in particular China or India where the markets are.

TAxEXILE,

Gee, could it be that the numbers are moving down because the world is slowing down. Is it possible that every nation has had to revise their numbers down - EXCEPT - oh wait a moment - the U.S. which is making tons of money overseas and they just had a bill passed in congress which allows all their foreign earnings to be brought back from their offshore accounts for almost no tax liability??? So what do they do - bring it all back when the U.S. economy is shit to make it look like it is really doing fine - WOW - what a great accounting trick!!!

REASONTOBECHEEP,

Your reading on the human cognitive conditon is - although hinting at some insight - quite primitive and sits within the realm of ingnorance and racism. I assume the studies you are citing are those with vested interests. Well how about trying to do some research on independent studies by psychologists who have surmised that no individual possesses any quantifiable advantage over another and as long as the individual has the basic hardware in tact - which then suggests the environment is the most single important element in their future abilities - much to your chagrin - even for africans. Witness the major scholarly african americans at ivy league schools who had the good environs. Man - your take on this is hilarious. It has even been suggested that primitive people living in tribes in the new guinea jungles are in relative terms more intelligent than we educated westerners because of their intimate and vast knowledge of all things in their environs which make our learned knowledge comparatively minimal. As well, although western books and scholars would like us to believe that creative learning in the west is better than the rote learning learned in the east - funny how it is the eastern students excelling in all the schools around the world and not only that - but funny how most creative design centers from all the major firms around the world are now rushing to open creative design centers in china, india, korea, etc. to tap into this talent. And funny how india is reknown as a management and technology center. And would you believe me if I told you that thailand has some very amazing economists and management experts that many have heard of. Funny how according to your studies - the same people also say that asians are far superior to westerners. Should we be so bold as to believe this too? I don't - but I guess you do - right?

AND as already mentioned - thaigoon writes for his country amid all the doom and gloom. Funny how when he posts something - the vultures start circling and they wait for someone to kick him - then they all start kicking him - interesting indeed.

And one more thing,

JEEBUSCONES,

:o:D :D :D :D :bah: :bah:

JR Texas: Is the original article deceptive and designed to make things look good in terms of Japanese investment in Thailand?

To say that Thailand is one the top four countries for Japanese investors is to say virtually nothing. What if 99% of that investment goes to China and 3/4 of 1% goes to the other two countries? That leaves 1/4 of 1% going to Thailand.

It is also deceptive if the data are not current. Is Japanese investment in Thailand large as a percent of all investment? Is Japanese investment in Thailand declining due to recent events?

Am I stupid? (OK...no need to answer the last question)

Even with those experiences, my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais.

Yeah, I too, even with my experiences, still respect brown students. I know that not all brown folks are what you call kwais or what we call monkeys.

We understand that a small sample of white people we had experiences studying with can't really represent the entire white population. We also understand that it has very little to do with race. :D:o

Especially since it's been mostly white people to invent, elaborate, organize, develop, put into practice and spread what you and your friends are now studying in white-people-land because you can't in your own.

Of course, we also understand that it has very little to do with race... :D:D

BTW, I would like for you to throw in my face the great achievements of all those tens of thousands of brilliant Thai students (who have OF COURSE studied ABROAD... -sic!-) you keep telling us about.

What have former brilliant Thai students used to piss all over their white classmates contributed for example to the engineering science? Or are they all still studying??

Even with those experiences, my Thai friends and I still respect white students. We know that not all white folks are what you call white trash or what we call kwais.

Yeah, I too, even with my experiences, still respect brown students. I know that not all brown folks are what you call kwais or what we call monkeys.

We understand that a small sample of white people we had experiences studying with can't really represent the entire white population. We also understand that it has very little to do with race. :D:o

Especially since it's been mostly white people to invent, elaborate, organize, develop, put into practice and spread what you and your friends are now studying in white-people-land because you can't in your own.

Of course, we also understand that it has very little to do with race... :D:D

BTW, I would like for you to throw in my face the great achievements of all those tens of thousands of brilliant Thai students (who have OF COURSE studied ABROAD... -sic!-) you keep telling us about.

What have former brilliant Thai students used to piss all over their white classmates contributed for example to the engineering science? Or are they all still studying??

:D Its easy to have lofty opinions when standing on the shoulders of foreign giants, dontcha know?

:o Its easy to have lofty opinions when standing on the shoulders of foreign giants, dontcha know?

"The Goon" should also elaborate on where exactly he studied. He was probably studying at some community college somewhere full of remedial students.

He's currently studying in the US, and on a holiday from Thaivisa.

Lets make sure we don't judge Thailand by his poor example. There are Thais on this forum who are friends I respect very much. Hopefully we can all move on from this silly flame fest now.