Cheap Computer - Fully Loaded

mallmagician

Just a quicky. Is it cheaper to buy in Tesco or Carrefour, or an independent PC shop?

I am after a fairly good spec home PC. Something like 1gb Ram, 200GB HD, 3 Ghz Processor, 256MB Graphics. Monitor would be ok being a CRT (Not an LCD necesarily!)

I know how cheap I can build one of these back in the UK, but would love your thoughts folks.

Cheers

Phil

(Ps - those that got back to me about the magic thing - I haven't forgotten about you, been really busy. Will hopefully arrange a meet up over the coming week or two)

Just a quicky. Is it cheaper to buy in Tesco or Carrefour, or an independent PC shop?

I am after a fairly good spec home PC. Something like 1gb Ram, 200GB HD, 3 Ghz Processor, 256MB Graphics. Monitor would be ok being a CRT (Not an LCD necesarily!)

I know how cheap I can build one of these back in the UK, but would love your thoughts folks.

Cheers

Phil

(Ps - those that got back to me about the magic thing - I haven't forgotten about you, been really busy. Will hopefully arrange a meet up over the coming week or two)

Go to an independant shop in any of the plazas. They'll build whatever you want. Or alternatively you can buy whatever components you need and build the system yourself. More fun that way and you can make a really speedy system if you're game.

there is a shop that i always go to. find it the cheapest among most places in chiang mai. its on the 2nd floor of CM plaza. Thats on the superhighway. Right across the entrance of the road heading towards Mae Rim. When you go up the stairs, turn left. its the first shop on the left. Right across them is the DC computer service center.

Cheers

Phil

Doubt that you'll find anything in Tesco's or Carrefour with that spec'. Buy what bits you want and build it youself - it's not rocket science :o

Edited by geoffphuket