Marriage Extension from OA, Jomtien. (almost didnt happen)

The IO wouldn't happen to be the woman on the centre desk would it, truly one of the most unpleasant people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with at Jomtien and I have been going in there for the last 13 years.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

The IO wouldn't happen to be the woman on the centre desk would it, truly one of the most unpleasant people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with at Jomtien and I have been going in there for the last 13 years.

No, it was actually a new guy that sits to her right and does the final inspection of documents. 

The woman I can deal with, although she isnt happy, at least she is consistent, same rules each year. She actually cracked a smile when I suggested going to the ampher for a divorce would be easier.

The guy, on the other hand, was actually happy and friendly when insisting on insurance.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Hopefully they are now aware and wont require insurance for anyone doing OA to Marriage extension route.

I am surprised this hasn't come up previously as I cant be the first.

For sure retaining will be needed tomorrow. TIT.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

No, it was actually a new guy that sits to her right and does the final inspection of documents. 

The woman I can deal with, although she isnt happy, at least she is consistent, same rules each year. She actually cracked a smile when I suggested going to the ampher for a divorce would be easier.

The guy, on the other hand, was actually happy and friendly when insisting on insurance.

If it was a new guy at the marriage desk denying you the extension, then you have the answer to your question. They do hire new people once in a while, and the change of reason for the extension from O-A to marriage isn't yet that common. 

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure how but my wife finally convinced the IO to seek clarification,

Had she lived in the West long enough to acquire the option to push a point, i.e, become argumentative (something home grown Thais are loath to do...)?

Edited by JimGant

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Had she lived in the West long enough to acquire the option to push a point, i.e, become argumentative (something home grown Thais are loath to do...)?

I know what you mean but it ended up the opposite, the gentle art of negotiation and not causing loss of face.