Deciding what quarantine dates to book in Bkk

scorecard

From my understanding the initial application for a COE (Certificate of Entry) must include proof of the Covid 19 Health insurance regulations, therefore meaning that the policy has been issued. And same for proof of quarantine hotel booking. 

But at the time of applying for the COE you have no repatriation flight booking, in fact dates of the future repat. flights to Bkk not yet known.

(Please correct me if the 2 paragraphs are not correct.)

So if you have already gone through the whole process; 'How did you decide what dates to use to book at the chosen quarantine hotel?

Further:

- Were you able to make a wild guess for the hotel dates, make a booking with a small deposit?  and

- with the hotel agreeing to change the dates when exact flight dates known?

Smaller point, when the quarantine time was finished, did the quarantine hotel provide, as part of the deal, transport (hotel car/taxi/van) to go to Don Muang to take a flight to your final destination; e.g Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, etc., or perhaps to a bus station. 

I realize that in some cases family or friends probably picked you up at the quarantine hotel when all done.

Please share your experiences on this, thanks.

Contact your embassy to see what flights are availble,ask them to send you declaration papers.

Book flight ticket as long as have the 15 days required for embassy to have your declaration form and okay for COE.

They will also want to see your covid health insurance letter.

In the meantime of waiting for declaration to be replied to organise your fit to fly and rt-pcr test appointments,the final one is asq booking.

I found the process okay except for when it came to booking the asq hotel.

Too many people are filling up hotel bookings when they dont actually have approval to fly.

The embassy i used gave me 3 days notice to get the asq.

It was difficult because every hotel on the list said they were full bar one which when talking to them was not going to be easy overseas so i had my wife in thailand deal with them which smoothed the process.Still they were asking for rt-pcr test results before i had them.

Allowing people to book hotels without embassy approval is the flaw to the whole system.

Will have to sort out transport from hotel back to airport after asq finished.

Sorry for the long post.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Contact your embassy to see what flights are availble,ask them to send you declaration papers.

Book flight ticket as long as have the 15 days required for embassy to have your declaration form and okay for COE.

They will also want to see your covid health insurance letter.

In the meantime of waiting for declaration to be replied to organise your fit to fly and rt-pcr test appointments,the final one is asq booking.

I found the process okay except for when it came to booking the asq hotel.

Too many people are filling up hotel bookings when they dont actually have approval to fly.

The embassy i used gave me 3 days notice to get the asq.

It was difficult because every hotel on the list said they were full bar one which when talking to them was not going to be easy overseas so i had my wife in thailand deal with them which smoothed the process.Still they were asking for rt-pcr test results before i had them.

Allowing people to book hotels without embassy approval is the flaw to the whole system.

Will have to sort out transport from hotel back to airport after asq finished.

Sorry for the long post.

Good details, thanks.