confused of bangkok

with the confirmed news that we are required to leave the country by sept 26th my question is how with all borders closed unles there is some border open that i dont know about

i came into thailand on march 9th on a 30 day visa exempt since which time i have had the luxery of visa amnestys 

i flew into se asia in late january from athens greece on a return flight with turkish airlines and have been stuck here since

ideally i want to fly back to greece on a flight that should have returned me in april and turkish airlines have been in touch since then offering to return me to greece up to late february next year but the malaysian border than as now remains closed

think i'll pop down to the turkish airlines office in silom tomorrow but wont be suprised if its still closed as it was the last time i was there several months ago

• Like 1

Thailand is under Emergency Degree - which means no commercial passenger aircraft are allowed entry into the kingdom (meaning no passengers are allowed to arrive by commercial flights). 

BUT... Flights are landing (KLM, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar, Swiss) - they are arriving as Cargo and departing from Thailand with passengers. 

Thus: You can find flights out of Thailand, maybe not directly to Greece, but to countries from which you can transit to another flight to Greece. 

You will be able to refund the unused leg of your Turkish Airlines return flight (by law any flight arriving or departing from the EU has to provide a refund on any leg not used due to the Airline cancelling, even under Covid-19).

You can get to Athens from Bangkok with Qatar Airways or Gulf Air at this time - costs are 16,000 to 20,000 baht for a one way flight.

14 hours ago, solomon david said:

i came into thailand on march 9th on a 30 day visa exempt since which time i have had the luxery of visa amnestys 

It is possible to apply for a 30 day extension if you need to stay past September 26th.

If you did not apply for a the 30 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry you could apply for it and it would start on September 27th.

Or you could apply for a special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

• Like 1

Just now, solomon david said:

TUESDAY.....I WAS AT SATHORN HOUSE SILOM TODAY AND WAS NOT OVERLY SUPRISED TO FIND TURKISH AIRWAYS OFFICE(ON THE 19TH FLOOR)STILL CLOSED

I HAVE SINCE EMAILED TURKISH AIRLINES REQUESTING A REFUND OF MY RETURN FLIGHT TO ATHENS WHICH SHOULD HAVE LEFT KL IN APRIL OR A RETURN TO ATHENS OR ISTANBUL BEFORE SEPT 26TH

Edited by solomon david
  • Like 1

Just now, solomon david said:

TUESDAY.....I WAS AT SATHORN HOUSE SILOM TODAY AND WAS NOT OVERLY SUPRISED TO FIND TURKISH AIRWAYS OFFICE(ON THE 19TH FLOOR)STILL CLOSED

I HAVE SINCE EMAILED TURKISH AIRLINES REQUESTING A REFUND OF MY RETURN FLIGHT TO ATHENS WHICH SHOULD HAVE LEFT KL IN APRIL OR A RETURN TO ATHENS OR ISTANBUL BEFORE SEPT 26TH

HERE IS TURKISH AIRLINES MOST RECENT RESPONSE TO MY EMAILS ....

Due to Covid-19 all our flights suspended until May 1, 2020.

You can leave open your ticket or you can change first time as free of charge and your journey must be completed by 28FEB 2021.

If you wish to refund please call below numbers.

+908503330849 or +902124440849

Please reply about your decision to the below email.

[email protected]

ANYONE RECOGNISE THE PHONE NUMBERS SHOWN,TURKISH ?  OR MAYBE I'LL TRY EMAILING AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN GET A REFUND VIA EMAIL AND THUS BOOK ANOTHER AIRLINE BACK TO EUROPE

5 hours ago, solomon david said:

You can leave open your ticket or you can change first time as free of charge and your journey must be completed by 28FEB 2021.

[email protected]

ANYONE RECOGNISE THE PHONE NUMBERS SHOWN,TURKISH ?  OR MAYBE I'LL TRY EMAILING AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN GET A REFUND VIA EMAIL AND THUS BOOK ANOTHER AIRLINE BACK TO EUROPE

Why are you shouting?

7 hours ago, solomon david said:

MAYBE I'LL TRY EMAILING AGAIN TO SEE IF I CAN GET A REFUND VIA EMAIL AND THUS BOOK ANOTHER AIRLINE BACK TO EUROPE

my advice to you is NOT to go for the refund but instead use the ticket to get

back to europe.

all big airlines are same same these days and changing to another airline will not help.

the airlines coperate on arranging flights and share between themselves the passengers

to help returining passengers.

the refund will take long time and a lot of phone calls and energy.

you can find turkish airline phone no. on their web site. they are proffesionals.

call them and they will help you find a new flight back; Even from bangkok - no need

KL. Everything is flexible these days.

7 hours ago, solomon david said:

[email protected]

You can email to [email protected] to get updated for available THY flights from Bangkok. They reply very quickly.