Phuket is ready to open for ‘travel bubbles’, says poll

webfact

Phuket is ready to open for ‘travel bubbles’, says poll

By The Phuket News

1598168058_1-org.jpg

A woman approaches a desk for assistance as staff continue their heavy cleaning regimen at Phuket International Airport. Photo: AoT Phuket

PHUKET: More than 80% of respondents to an online poll have voted that Phuket is ready to open to ‘travel bubble’ tourists, with more than 60% voting that reopening to tourism must come sooner or later despite concerns of COVID-19 being brought into the country.

More than 1,200 people voted in the poll, which ran online for a week and closed at midnight last night.

A total of 63% of respondents voted “Yes – Get started, we can’t hide from COVID-19 forever.”

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-is-ready-to-open-for-travel-bubbles-says-poll-77087.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-24

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 63% of respondents voted “Yes – Get started, we can’t hide from COVID-19 forever.”

True, but who is that desperate to go to any holiday destination and sit in quarantine?   Pass, will wait until something close to normalcy comes back.  The lethality of the virus is still in question.  

• Like 1

They will have a long wait. There will be no International flights for at least a year, as announced by Qantas. ( They are laying off thousands of staff right now)  Others will be the same, if they haven't gone bankrupt.  I presume ALL airlines owe airports a huge amount of money for landing fees, parking, food, maintenance etc. Presume this will have to be paid up to date before any plane will be allowed in.  So now is the time to see your own country, if you can find anywhere to stay !

• Like 1

This is good news, and a start in the right direction. There are quite a few people around who can afford an long trip, who visit us every year ( since many years ) to cross over the winter, usually Nov - April.  They wouldn't mind to go trough a few procedures, to come here again and enjoy 5 months away as usual, from depressive winter Europe. Good for us, and Thailand to have some guests coming and staying over again, and a good start to get back to normal eventually. 

This is good news, and a start in the right direction. There are quite a few people around who can afford an long trip, who visit us every year ( since many years ) to cross over the winter, usually Nov - April.  They wouldn't mind to go trough a few procedures, to come here again and enjoy 5 months away as usual, from depressive winter Europe. Good for us, and Thailand to have some guests coming and staying over again, and a good start to get back to normal eventually. 

Dream on  not going to happen light your fires and sit in front of the TV and watch the snow fall through the frosted windows

2 minutes ago, whiteman said:

Dream on  not going to happen light your fires and sit in front of the TV and watch the snow fall through the frosted windows

I'll send you a photo from me and my mates ( who have returned ) from the beach, around Christmas ????

1 minute ago, warcy said:

So Thailand has no genuine tourists for 5 months now. It will be 6 months at end of next month.

I don't see things improving until they don't require quarantine and just trust in countries with low virus cases.

It would only be a matter of time before the virus would be rife in Thailand and the previous 8 months would all have been for nothing 

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

It would only be a matter of time before the virus would be rife in Thailand and the previous 8 months would all have been for nothing 

I say: It WILL only be a matter of time before the virus WILL be rife in Thailand and the previous 8 months WILL all have been for nothing 

What I would like to know is were are all these tourist coming from . Now let me see. India has just announced it now has 3 MIL: cases of Rat Flue 19 maybe the UK, USA, EU, OZ, NZ, UAE. Are any of them R/F free??? the mind boggles. As others have said not a chance in the world, as there are NO flights and then 2 weeks quarantine waiting for them. Then on arriving back home yet more quarantine. They might like to get some Chinese, those are the one's that started this problem in the first place. Best of luck Phuket keep dreaming is all I can say. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1