Brake or accelerate - do you do that instinctively? 

Braking suddenly could also be dangerous, okay maybe not much at 30kph, but still there are big pick up trucks out there can wipe you out from behind...

Also here many times drivers, riders, pedestrians who don't have the right of the way just try it on, trying to reverse out into the road, or u turn or cross the road, if every time you slow down they will notice and go for it, then you stop the whole main traffic for their benefit, even cause accident..., so need to keep going at a controlled speed (not much acceleration though ! ) specially if you know they have seen you and are just trying it on...

At the same time be prepared for a hard brake or evading manouver for those idiots who might still carry on coming or those not seen you or not looking at all...! 

Most of traffic congestions and some accidents (caused to others)  are due to people suddenly slowing down to give way when they shouldn't or generally going very slowly, thinking this is the safest way of driving or riding, and instead interfere with the flow of traffic, they're just as bad as really fast ignorant drivers....

i had a horrible revelation just 2 days ago,

this time around i was the one cutting someone off.

it was dark, i couldnt judge distance and speed on oncoming motorcyclist properly,

im upset to no end how i could cause an accident

and i wont be driving in the dark any more.

the surprise when i realized i was cutting someone off paralyzed me,

i could have thrown myself to the ground on the left side to avoid the collision

if i had had my wits with me,

but instead it was indecisive wiggling/braking.

i had also had a blurred vision for two days in a row when i caused the accident,

im thinking skills clearly have dropped at my age of over 50

Edited by scammed

9 minutes ago, scammed said:

i had a horrible revelation just 2 days ago,

this time around i was the one cutting someone off.

it was dark, i couldnt judge distance and speed on oncoming motorcyclist properly,

im upset to no end how i could cause an accident

and i wont be driving in the dark any more.

the surprise when i realized i was cutting someone off paralyzed me,

i could have thrown myself to the ground on the left side to avoid the collision

if i had had my wits with me,

but instead it was indecisive wiggling/braking.

i had also had a blurred vision for two days in a row when i caused the accident,

im thinking skills clearly have dropped at my age of over 50

Thanks for your comment. Hopefully nobody was (badly) hurt.

About being indecisive: I think that is for most of us the natural reaction to a dangerous and unexpected situation.

As far as I know professionals train to react in such situations and it takes a long time.

I remember seeing a F1 race where Schumacher's car was on fire in the pitstop. Just a little fire but right behind him. He didn't hesitate, waited until the fire was extinguished and then he continued as usual. I think he won the race.

But how many people can be cool and decisive like that? 

Take a rest and take care.

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for your comment. Hopefully nobody was (badly) hurt.

About being indecisive: I think that is for most of us the natural reaction to a dangerous and unexpected situation.

As far as I know professionals train to react in such situations and it takes a long time.

I remember seeing a F1 race where Schumacher's car was on fire in the pitstop. Just a little fire but right behind him. He didn't hesitate, waited until the fire was extinguished and then he continued as usual. I think he won the race.

But how many people can be cool and decisive like that? 

Take a rest and take care.

yeah, i was at standstill speed and she didnt drive fast at all, she got a swollen knee all in all i think,

but strangely this one got me even more upset then the cases when i got hurt due to someone elses stupidity.

my eyes clearly isnt fully up to snuff no more in the dark.

• Like 1