Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Look up ' JJ Market, Chiang Mai' on google maps.

Its closer to route 11 than the moat.

If your travelling east on the north side of the moat, make a left when the moat goes right.

Atsadonthan road, straight down.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up ' JJ Market, Chiang Mai' on google maps.

Its closer to route 11 than the moat.

If your travelling east on the north side of the moat, make a left when the moat goes right.

Atsadonthan road, straight down.

Oh , this just around my house , how come I didn't know them.

can you give some exact location?

left from the moat , straigth down pass two intersection , Lotus Kamthieng should be on my right

and enter to the soi of pubs , right

and then ...

Got a quote from Faddybike:

black shield+cowl 94121J = 1700THB

Domestic EMS delivery cost = 150THB (about 3days)

Total = 1850THB

rearseat cover 250/150i = 1200THB

can be added with the shield/cowl.

you must have got him on a good day, he quoted me 2000 + 150 for the screen. So i got my screen painted black for THB 300! Of course you can't see through it but unless you are gonna mount a cam then it doesn't matter. Actually i like it as keeps the sun off the instruments so can read them easily.

rearseat cover 250/150i = 1200THB

can be added with the shield/cowl.

Have you got a pic of this. There isn't any rearseat cover for the 2011 150/250 on the faddy site.

Nice to see they have a number of sprockets for the 150 available.

post-118861-0-43136200-1315579151_thumb.

More parts at Faddybike Tssk on Facebook.

I'll take a ride by there tomorrow for more detailed directions. I have to get some stickers made also.

The place on the right is a sign shop that can cut stickers, but are brain dead.

A better place to get custom stickers made would be across from Chang Puak soi 5, the soi next to the bank. If you go inside the soi, on your left side there will be a place with people much more interested in getting things done. There is a small motorcycle shop on chang puak where the soi is, they have rim stickers there too, but their labelled X-speed and rather ugly. 350 baht-450 baht.

If you bring in an image file they can cut the stickers you need.Including gold and silver, i'll be getting reflective red myself (3M). If you get rim stickers made, split the circle into 2 or 4 pieces instead of a complete circle, it will save on material cost a great deal ! Or you can use strips as long as its not to wide, otherwise you may have problems attaching it in a circular shape.

150 baht per foot, 53" wide....labor not yet figured in.

Edited by KRS1

Anyone know where i can buy yellow or silver rim tape in CM (obviously not from Honda)?

I'd like to know that myself. There's one shop I know that MIGHT have it. I'll check and find out. If so, let you know.

Actually Honda do have rim tape for the CBRs; in red or silver. The Honda shops that sell CBRs should have the CBR accessories pamphlet.

The silver rim tape is part# 08F84-KPP-760

I'll take a ride by there tomorrow for more detailed directions. I have to get some stickers made also.

The place on the right is a sign shop that can cut stickers, but are brain dead.

A better place to get custom stickers made would be across from Chang Puak soi 5, the soi next to the bank. If you go inside the soi, on your left side there will be a place with people much more interested in getting things done. There is a small motorcycle shop on chang puak where the soi is, they have rim stickers there too, but their labelled X-speed and rather ugly. 350 baht-450 baht.

If you bring in an image file they can cut the stickers you need.Including gold and silver, i'll be getting reflective red myself (3M). If you get rim stickers made, split the circle into 2 or 4 pieces instead of a complete circle, it will save on material cost a great deal ! Or you can use strips as long as its not to wide, otherwise you may have problems attaching it in a circular shape.

150 baht per foot, 53" wide....labor not yet figured in.

That's Expensive !

the shop I refer to has a precutted to various width 1/2 1 1.5 inch and for around 40 - 50 B per meter!

they have various other decal and sticker too, worth a look

and a shop that you get them cut , I used to buy from them like .... 53. per meter , I hope it's a diffrent grade of sticker.

I recommend Lanna printing , right on that intersection of Lotus Kamthieng.

they will print a high grade vynyl sticker up to your design with unbelieveable price.

I was thinking of having a vynyl wrap on whole bike. asked many shop , all qoute around 10000 and just a plain color.

At Lanna , 100 Meter from my house , they said just only 6000 B and it will be printed to color or any design you desire .

even a complicate and high resolution one.

Try googling AEK stickers. I'm using a tablet right now and on strong meds so you guys are on your own. Uppalux might know the place or he can get the directions from their website since it's in Thai. They have reflective and luminuous stickers, even those pseudo-carbon sheets from 3M. I've seen some stuff they've done on tuner cars here in Chiang Mai.

Try googling AEK stickers. I'm using a tablet right now and on strong meds so you guys are on your own. Uppalux might know the place or he can get the directions from their website since it's in Thai. They have reflective and luminuous stickers, even those pseudo-carbon sheets from 3M. I've seen some stuff they've done on tuner cars here in Chiang Mai.

yes Aek sticker , very famous for four wheeler In CM-Club .

they have 3 - 4 four branch on several name , but all the same

original shop is is Rincome market.

alternative branch is BANANA story near Lotus Kamthieng

but , say , yes , they may be a pro in this way but little bit expensive too,

If I were to do , I would get them printed and cut at Lanna.

and go to Aek to apply it on (Lanna will just print , cut but not install it for you).

hello guys

more update on Uppalux's project.

wind screen

img0288ae.jpg

img0289at.jpg

img0290a.jpg

img0291an.jpg

img0281asl.jpg

img0282aa.jpg

img0283am.jpg

and the overall design

that Xenon cover look ugly, I will try to change it

wind screen and pillion seat will be quite the same in shape and contour . for congruent . and I will install a lighting system in it , brake light and turn indicator

It will be the whole seat, not just a pieace of fiber to patch on , with the real factory seat base. (this kick the price up sky high)

higher tank cover

lower lower cowling

front fender

Please comment

For anyone interested the shop is located within the Kad Rincome Market. It's an open air market with rooms divided up. Located on Lane 3 within the market.

Kad Rincome Market is on Huay Kaew Road. If your headed towards Doi Suthep, its somewhere on the right after crossing the Niman intersection.

google Rincome Market and there will be a couple of maps.

How embarrassing; i was dusted by a farang on a new Vespa! I suspect it may have been the GTS 300, as the guy was quite confident. He got the jump on me at the first lights and i trailed him not trying to catch him til we hit some open highway, i was slowly able to pass him and pull away after we hit about 90-100 kph. The next set of lights he beat me on acceleration, though i think the bikes are probably equal except i stuffed up a couple of gear changes (hitting the rev limiter). But still the Vespa seems a great little bike!

Finally API-Tech have the ECM and i should get it in the next few days, probably can't fit it til next week. I'll need to find the Vespa guy and have another drag to see if there is any real difference! :lol:

How embarrassing; i was dusted by a farang on a new Vespa! I suspect it may have been the GTS 300, as the guy was quite confident. He got the jump on me at the first lights and i trailed him not trying to catch him til we hit some open highway, i was slowly able to pass him and pull away after we hit about 90-100 kph. The next set of lights he beat me on acceleration, though i think the bikes are probably equal except i stuffed up a couple of gear changes (hitting the rev limiter). But still the Vespa seems a great little bike!

Finally API-Tech have the ECM and i should get it in the next few days, probably can't fit it til next week. I'll need to find the Vespa guy and have another drag to see if there is any real difference! :lol:

the vespa was faster than a cbr ...WOW!

saying that though the police 200cc tiger boxers cant catch an nouvo elegance either :whistling:

Should be a great little bike at 310,000b for the GTS300ie. or it could have been the cheap LX150ie at 109,000b or the LS150ie at 112,000b...cool.gif

there is a white one in our carpark ( a white 150cc )

my gf loves it but theres no way id pay that kind of money for a scooter so shes shit outta luck :)

they are cute scooters though ,and i never knew they had a 300cc version

wish yamaha or honda would grow some balls and put a 300cc in a pcx or an elegance

my gf loves it but theres no way id pay that kind of money for a scooter so shes shit outta luck :)

wish yamaha or honda would grow some balls and put a 300cc in a pcx or an elegance

They actually stuck more than 300cc on a PCX, 300cc more :D...

Edited by RED21

They actually stuck more than 300cc on a PCX, 300cc more :D...

yamaha did it as well ,its called a t-max ;) but we dont want to pay half a million thb or whatever crazy price it costs in thailand ,just a scooter with bigger balls but at a decent price :rolleyes:

if the new cbr 250r can be sold for 100k there must be a compromise somewhere

http://www.google.com/search?q=yamaha+t-max&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=M37&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=N31wTuvzNoqrrAeqktGBBw&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=664

Should be a great little bike at 310,000b for the GTS300ie. or it could have been the cheap LX150ie at 109,000b or the LS150ie at 112,000b...cool.gif

I doubt it was the 150 (9Kw, top speed 100kph) as it was going faster than 100 kph. 9Kw is about what the Wave 110i has i think, it definitely accelerated faster than a Wave.

Even if Honda put the 150i engine from the CBR into a Wave, that would give a nice round town scooter. But yes, the 250 CBR motor would be better!!

BTW. The API-Tech guy said to keep the original spark plug lead and not to replace it. I wonder why? Something to do with copper wiring instead of silicone?

I was told by the guy at Yamaha on Huay Kaew next to the mall that they actually DO make a Nouvo Elegance 150, but there's some b.s. with the import so they can't bring it in. A 150 Nouvo might be kinda fun! As for the Vespa, if they have the same durability as the old ones, then a new one would last you for 10-15 years if maintained, but....I'll stick with my CBR, thank you.

:jap:

Finally got mine today :lol:. So far so good. Pleasant to ride, not complaint from the wrist so far, I'm 179 (approx 5'10"). What still surprise me is how high the engine rev. Rode the PCX for a year got bored of just twist and go B). What I really need is a place to repaint the exhaust cover, silver on a black bike just ain't doing it. Any suggestions? Or should I DIY it with high temp spray paint. MATT black of course. Was deciding between 250 and 150. Most would probably go for the 250, but since I mainly use it in city, just didn't justify the extra cost.

Remembered reading a post that said something similar regarding the usage. Maybe I'll get something bigger, when the 2013 model comes out. (BTW the 150 is a 2nd hand so I'm not that crazy...yet).

Finally got mine today :lol:. So far so good. Pleasant to ride, not complaint from the wrist so far, I'm 179 (approx 5'10"). What still surprise me is how high the engine rev. Rode the PCX for a year got bored of just twist and go B). What I really need is a place to repaint the exhaust cover, silver on a black bike just ain't doing it. Any suggestions? Or should I DIY it with high temp spray paint. MATT black of course. Was deciding between 250 and 150. Most would probably go for the 250, but since I mainly use it in city, just didn't justify the extra cost.

Remembered reading a post that said something similar regarding the usage. Maybe I'll get something bigger, when the 2013 model comes out. (BTW the 150 is a 2nd hand so I'm not that crazy...yet).

Congrats! Yeah, exactly the same reasons i got the 150 over the 250; and got a 2nd hand one too. I reckon the same, by 2013 should be some interesting bikes on the market. Til then, the 150 is a lot of fun. I had some wrist pain (i'm 176) but more due to hanging on too tight, have to keep remembering to relax the arms, but then the pain reminds me!!

For the exhaust cover, where are you located? I don't think you need high temp paint. Maybe go for a gloss look as matt paint marks up quite easily; maybe someone that knows about paint can confirm or refute. Just get some fine sandpaper (400 or so?) to rough the surface up and do several light coats rather than one thick one.

Congrats! Yeah, exactly the same reasons i got the 150 over the 250; and got a 2nd hand one too. I reckon the same, by 2013 should be some interesting bikes on the market. Til then, the 150 is a lot of fun. I had some wrist pain (i'm 176) but more due to hanging on too tight, have to keep remembering to relax the arms, but then the pain reminds me!!

For the exhaust cover, where are you located? I don't think you need high temp paint. Maybe go for a gloss look as matt paint marks up quite easily; maybe someone that knows about paint can confirm or refute. Just get some fine sandpaper (400 or so?) to rough the surface up and do several light coats rather than one thick one.

It seems like about half of the road side repair shops do painting, so keep your eyes open and just drop the part off. I've had great results from some of these guys. No hassle and cheap too.

BTW. The API-Tech guy said to keep the original spark plug lead and not to replace it. I wonder why? Something to do with copper wiring instead of silicone?

The sparkplug boot has a 5 ohm resistor inside it, more than likely the API cdi is designed to be loaded at a certain ohm load, after market leads have no resistor. (sparkplug has resistance as well) The thinner stock wire also allows less current to pass.

On a carbed cbr 150, I replaced the resistor with a 92.5% silver rod with 0 ohm resistance and performance decreased with an API cdi. The stock CDI showed no loss in performance and ran a little bit smoother but lost top speed.

In the picture below, i tried to replace the entire spring and resistor assembly with the full length of the silver rod you see. Bike lost power and idle speed decreased, weaker spark. Then i cut down the silver rod to be the same length as the resistor, still the same, but still not as good as when the spring and resistor was installed.

Funny how the stock CDI showed no loss in performance, out 350 baht for this experiment that didn't work.

photo0356w.jpg

photo0357r.jpg

The allen key in the tool kit is there to adjust the angle of the handgrips, if you tilt them in it feels a bit better and IMO handling is more stable. ;)