Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About to do the 8000km service. The manual says to change the spark plug. Honda dealer says to do it at 12,000. They'll do it if i insist, but do i need to? The bike runs great.

i put new plugs in the er6n a few weeks ago ,even though it was running like a dream and didnt particularly need them

kawasaki said it "should" be done at that service so i let them change them anyway ,seems like a waste of money to throw

away good spark plugs but il trust the manual and replace as suggested

Thanks guys, I got them to change it anyway. Good job I did, as the plug and air filter didn't look good. I have the feeling they don't want to do it as they have to remove the fairings and petrol tank.

I've seen the rear on a few of the 250's and it's looked a bit stupid. But it looks okay on that as the entire bike has been sprayed so there's no difference in paint tone.

Looks nice, but I'd be a bit embarrassed on a 150cc looking like it's done up for drags. The Thai boys on their Mio's are going to be in heaven when they smash it through the traffic. I hope the owner doesn't mind having Thai male rectums being waved at him. He's going to see it everyday.

I've seen the rear on a few of the 250's and it's looked a bit stupid. But it looks okay on that as the entire bike has been sprayed so there's no difference in paint tone.

Looks nice, but I'd be a bit embarrassed on a 150cc looking like it's done up for drags. The Thai boys on their Mio's are going to be in heaven when they smash it through the traffic. I hope the owner doesn't mind having Thai male rectums being waved at him. He's going to see it everyday.

That's one brave Mio

Drag bikes don't even have fairing

The 1000 tail isn't for everyone

That's one brave Mio

Or idiot Thai with a delicate ego and zero brains.

I've seen it a few times where the paint was slightly out of sync and it looked silly. It looks okay when the bike is all the same tone. I thought it looked a bit dated design wise, compared to the rest of the bike.

What bike is it from?

That's one brave Mio

Or idiot Thai with a delicate ego and zero brains.

I've seen it a few times where the paint was slightly out of sync and it looked silly. It looks okay when the bike is all the same tone. I thought it looked a bit dated design wise, compared to the rest of the bike.

What bike is it from?

It's not from any other bike the tail is a one piece custom made fiber glass piece

Ah, okay. It's looks similar to the (tyga?) ones people put on their old 400s.

What company makes it?

I'm not sure of the company's name but they are hand made here in Thailand

Its sold by AmRacing i know as had the misfortune to buy 1. Looks great but the standard of work is anything but. Would suggest if you are going to get then inspect the piece before paying. Also fitting it was a nightmare as the number plate bracket and everything was badly made as well, doesn't sit flush with fairing. Couldn't do this with mine as had to have it posted to me.

API Tech still haven't come out with the street version of the ECM but they do have something they call EFi Advance (for a whole range of bikes including the CBR250).

Anyone try one?

Seems you can adjust ignition timing and amount of fuel. Also it seems it increases the rev limiter for the CBR150i to 13,000. At THB 3,400 would be worth a try, though maybe could be a disaster if used incorrectly!

http://www.apitechon...tegory&path=117

post-70604-0-87055800-1336970244_thumb.j

API Tech still haven't come out with the street version of the ECM but they do have something they call EFi Advance (for a whole range of bikes including the CBR250).

Anyone try one?

Seems you can adjust ignition timing and amount of fuel. Also it seems it increases the rev limiter for the CBR150i to 13,000. At THB 3,400 would be worth a try, though maybe could be a disaster if used incorrectly!

http://www.apitechon...tegory&path=117

post-70604-0-87055800-1336970244_thumb.j

if the engine blows at 13,000rpm can this be removed and replaced under their 5 year engine warranty ? :D

Ah, okay. It's looks similar to the (tyga?) ones people put on their old 400s.

What company makes it?

I'm not sure of the company's name but they are hand made here in Thailand

Its sold by AmRacing i know as had the misfortune to buy 1. Looks great but the standard of work is anything but. Would suggest if you are going to get then inspect the piece before paying. Also fitting it was a nightmare as the number plate bracket and everything was badly made as well, doesn't sit flush with fairing. Couldn't do this with mine as had to have it posted to me.

Yes David is a friend of mine and I know sometimes the fiber pieces don't look perfect but I've never heard of any fit meant problems usually most people just let him put it on for them.

I went to Honda to change my oil today but when the mechanic drained the oil he told me that there was only a little bit of oil that came out.

I think my CBR is burning the oil. Or I've just been driving it to hard this last oil change.

Has anyone had any problems with burning oil? Does anyone use synthetic oil for their bike?

I went to Honda to change my oil today but when the mechanic drained the oil he told me that there was only a little bit of oil that came out.

I think my CBR is burning the oil. Or I've just been driving it to hard this last oil change.

Has anyone had any problems with burning oil? Does anyone use synthetic oil for their bike?

Do you never check the oil between the changes? When have you checked it last? How much was in last check? How is the spark plug looking? How much oil did come out? ("only a little bit" is very vague) Any other problems? (performance, smoke, ...)

Don't have a CBR150 but these are some questions i may would start with :)

Don't think you can burn a serious amount of oil by riding it hard. Never heard such thing.

Do you never check the oil between the changes? When have you checked it last? How much was in last check? How is the spark plug looking? How much oil did come out? ("only a little bit" is very vague) Any other problems? (performance, smoke, ...)

Don't have a CBR150 but these are some questions i may would start with :)

Don't think you can burn a serious amount of oil by riding it hard. Never heard such thing.

The bike doesn't smoke, well not that I've noticed.

I don't normally check the oil scene I normally change the oil every 2000km . The drive the bike this last oil change maybe 3000km.

Spark plug was changed after the flood 7000km ago.

And about 70% to 50% of the oil came out. Or maybe what happen was that the mechanic spilled most of the oil onto my exhaust.

Edited by blackpanda

Don't have a CBR150 but these are some questions i may would start with smile.png

The bike doesn't smoke, well not that I've noticed.

I don't normally check the oil scene I normally change the oil every 2000km . The drive the bike this last oil change maybe 3000km.

Spark plug was changed after the flood 7000km ago.

And about 70% to 50% of the oil came out. Or maybe what happen was that the mechanic spilled most of the oil onto my exhaust.

I had the same problem. The guys at Honda could only presume that the last Honda mechanic to service the bike forgot to put all the oil in. There were no leaks and no smoke, they couldn't explain where the oil went. This was also after about 3000kms. I had recently done a 800km round trip where i rode it fairly hard but it doesn't really add up...fault?

Needless to say I now change the oil every 2000kms. Anyone else find the oil dipstick hard to read? For me I can't seem to see how much oil is actually in it.

I had the same problem. The guys at Honda could only presume that the last Honda mechanic to service the bike forgot to put all the oil in. There were no leaks and no smoke, they couldn't explain where the oil went. This was also after about 3000kms. I had recently done a 800km round trip where i rode it fairly hard but it doesn't really add up...fault?

Needless to say I now change the oil every 2000kms. Anyone else find the oil dipstick hard to read? For me I can't seem to see how much oil is actually in it.

I would suspect the mechanic either if there are no other problems. A pity that you have to check nearly everything yourself after a mechanic touched the bike. But checking the oil should be a standard procedure at least every 1000km imo. Difficult to see new oil on the dipstick. I always try more than once to find out the correct level. The darker the oil the easier to check :)

I just take off the oil plug, clean it. Tilt the bike where it's standing straight up. Then dip the oil plug. Done during the day time it's easy to see

Dunno about the Honda CBR150, but on most motorcycles with a "screw-type" dipstick you are supposed to fully screw in the dipstick then remove to check oil level.

You should probably consult your owners manual to make sure you're checking your oil level properly.

Ride on! bikeday_smilie.gif

All the bikes i have had with dipstick filler caps require the bike to be positioned upright and obviously on a level surface. Once the dipstick has been removed and dried it should be placed back into the opening it came from, ensuring it is pressed firmly against the threads NOT screwed back in or left to fit loosely in the oil filler hole. This was the same for my VFR400RR and trusty Mio125 :D

I can't say it's the same for all bikes but it's the only method i have heard of and used myself with regards to filler caps with dip sticks.