Advice On 60 Day Tourist Visa

Hello,

I live here with my partner of 8 years. We have been here for 4 years, he works at a reputable international school, I don't work. My current visa is a multi-entry b , prior to that I had a multi entry O obtained in the UK. My current multi B ends in Oct. My question is, would i have any trouble obtaining a 60 day tourist visa given my prior two visa's[O and B]. The reason I only want a tourst 60 is that we both intend to return to the UK permanently next summer so the way I see it is if I get a tourst 60 [extend by 30] then another tourist 60 [extend 30], this will see me through untill it is time for me to leave for good.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Thanks. One other question. If I were to ask for a double entry [6month] visa, where would be best to go for that, Penang or Singapore? Also would you think it would be best to advise the consulate of my situation if asked why i need a 6month visa.

Thanks again

betty

What you need is a multi (2) entry tourist visa that is valid for at least 3 months.

You enter the country on first day of the 3 months and get a 60-day stamp. 59 (or so) days later you go to Immigration get a 30-day extension (1,900 baht I think). The day before the valid until date on your 3-month tourist visa (which should coincide with your 30-day extension running out) you leave the country and immediately return. You then get 60 more days, extendable for 30 more.

You have now stayed 6 months on a 3-month tourist visa.

TH

Yes, 1900 bht. I got my 30 day extension yesterday. I started on a double entry 60 day. Used to be able to get a 60+30+15+15, but now I think its only 60+30 days.

I always wonder what to put down as the reason for wanting an extension. I usually put "Friends coming to visit" or "Travelling to Samui".

Things not to put:

I'm looking for casual work.

Can't get enough of the bar scene.

Can't get good yabaa in the Uk.

I'm scared of flying.

I cant afford the flight.

I still have 450 bht on my one-2-call phone.

:o