Was Able to Get 60 Day Ext on Non-Imm O Multi at Kalasin Imm

Hi, I just thought I'd report that I was able to get a post-dated (begins after amnesty), 60 day extension for purposes of visit to the wife, just a few hours ago at the relatively new Kalasin Immigration office. By far the best immigration experience I have ever had. Nice, polite people working there who actually seemed almost caring,  not the usual mad tea party visit to bedlam I usually go through going to immigration. I'm used to years of Soi Suan Phlu and Chaeng Wattana visas and visa  renewals. The young woman seemingly running the small office at Kalasin Immigration spoke excellent English and was very reassuring about getting me a post-dated 60 day extension. I explained I needed a bit more time to get my 400k seasoned for a 9 month extension and that was OK. I was not taken to the cleaners and  beat up for saying that as you might imagine, something like,  "You not have already?! Why you not have now? Don't you know you cannot stay in Thailand you not have money now! You overstay! 2000 baht! You must leave Thailand in 7 days! Good bye!" No, it was not that, just an "Oh good, good, can do, can do, can do."

They wanted the standard documents which we had: copies of house book, wife's I.D., my passport info page and the visa sticker page, two mugshots and copies of the marriage certificate. They did not ask for the Kor Ror 2 which was an additional headache saver because we would have  had to make a trip to the Amphur Office, so the wife was glad too that she was correct and that the think too mutt,  hassle mongers at Thaivisa were wrong about needing a week old or less Kor Ror 2 ????. Nevermind her, I thank everyone on here again for input, a person could lose their mind dealing with the uncertainty and arbitrariness of getting a visa in Thailand  and it helps so much to be able to read about everyone's experiences on here and all the suggestions about what to do.

But please be careful! Your mileage may vary! I have had awful and very scary experiences galore in the past at immigration and it sounds like more and more are going through the same sorts of ordeals. Do your research but go in resigned to your fate, just relax, you wont die if they reject your application, so don't push them with your expectations or stress and you might do better than some. At the end of the day they don't have to let you stay here, but on the other hand make sure they do their jobs by indicating politely to them you know something about what you are entitled to, its supposed to be in their job descriptions to issue visas to people who qualify according to immigration's own rules. I'm just so glad that today it was so easy for once.

• Like 1

I would add also that my permission to stay ended May 23, and the date on my visa sticker was expiry date, Sept 8. My officer did take a good long, all over look at the visa sticker, which suggested to me that she was interested in when it expired, though I don't know because I didn't ask. But I was worried about that and would have asked about it if they would only issue a sixty day extension from the day of application instead of at the end of amnesty as they are supposed to.